Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Overcharged

I was overcharged for previous month with 44$ because I exceeded my airtime limit(the customer service guy explained this to me when I called them after I got the bill). I was not aware that even if I call internationally, it is also deducted from my Airtime minutes. The personnel I bought my sim card from didn't explain me that. The customer service guy gave me a 50% credit of 44$ but I am very disappointed with koodo for this. I will switch to any other operator.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Any  carrier will charge you airtime for any minutes you connect to the network. It does not matter if you call locally, nationally or internationally, al are billable minutes, and some will additionally have long distance tolls.

Best wishes in your search.

Userlevel 6
They didn't explain it, because it's common sense.

If you are making/receiving a call, you are using minutes.

It doesn't matter who or where you call. If you are using the Koodo network to make the call, you are consuming minutes. This applies to EVERY CARRIER, so switching carriers won't change that. That's like buying a new car, driving it for a week, then going back to the dealer to complain that "they never told me that driving the car burned gas!" It's common sense.....
Thanks for sharing your common sense. I hope you will get to know this when you visit another country. Your common sense doesn't applies everywhere. Different countries have different ways!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nishchay Khanna wrote:

Thanks for sharing your common sense. I hope you will get to know this when you visit another cou...

That is on you for believing everything is the same as where you were. I don't take my 19 year old child to have a beer in the USA.
Userlevel 6
Nishchay Khanna wrote:

Thanks for sharing your common sense. I hope you will get to know this when you visit another cou...

They indeed do! That's why you ask ahead of time, rather than assuming. Pretty sure calling uses minutes in any country though....
Userlevel 6
Nishchay Khanna wrote:

You can take your 19 year old child to have a beer in the USofA in certain places. Certain restaurants in certain states may allow it in the company of their parent, also it's OK in hotels and private homes. Plus the beer is cheaper in the USA unless you bottle your own.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Nishchay, They did fave you 50%...So why complain? They could've gave you zero. Other carrier might have told you that you will get nothing. Be happy of what you have and not angry for what you didn't get
Userlevel 6
50% credit off overage fees is not too shabby, especially for that amount. If it were up to $10, they might have credited the whole amount, but on the $44 figure, it's hard for the carrier to blindly absorb the entire amount.
Another option is to switch to prepaid. Don't have the account credit? The call, text or data just won't go through. On prepaid, no money, no honey, no bills.
I know most countries wireless carriers' primary market is pre-paid. Get prepaid on Vodafone, Orange, etc. and once the credit runs out, you get no service until the next top-up.