Koodo Community
Solved

Overcharge when changing base plan

• 30 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I decided to change my baseplan from $25/month to $45/month.

I received a text first thing in the morning on the day my plan updates, saying that my auto top-up ($25) had been approved. I normally get another text in the afternoon telling me that my baseplan had been updated.

I  went online immediately after the text arrived to select a new plan. There was a zero balance showing at that time, so I uploaded another payment for $50 (no auto top up) in order to activate the new plan.

The new baseplan was activated and seems to be OK.

The problem I have is that my card statement is showing two payments going out, one for the first auto-top up ($25), and one for the second (new baseplan) payment ($50). I only have one baseplan operating but the payment for the first plan has not been returned. I have a zero balance.

My Koodo balance should be $25?

How do I get the unused baseplan payment back? The “Transaction History “ tab shows a $25 balance, but the overview is saying zero balance.

It looks like my account has been charged for both baseplans this month. I understand that if I changed my baseplan mid month I would lose the first one, but I did it before the first one had been renewed.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 30 April 2021, 17:53

Yikes, okay here is a tip for next time: when you change your base plan, don’t do it on the FIRST day of renewal, but the LAST day BEFORE renewal. Now you lost an entire month because of the double top up.

That said, you could try to contact Koodo and explain what happened, they might be lenient this time and give you the $25 in credit 🙂 Best way to contact them is Facebook or Twitter DM.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yikes, okay here is a tip for next time: when you change your base plan, don’t do it on the FIRST day of renewal, but the LAST day BEFORE renewal. Now you lost an entire month because of the double top up.

That said, you could try to contact Koodo and explain what happened, they might be lenient this time and give you the $25 in credit 🙂 Best way to contact them is Facebook or Twitter DM.

I have sent them a text on twitter, thanks. They guy in the store once told me that if you change your plan they refund the one you don’t use, so I thought it would happen automatically as long as it was before their confirmation text. We live and learn!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The guy in the store told you a fib, in fact Koodo advertises the fact that any unused days on your base plan won’t be refunded :grinning:

However they are not evil and I’m pretty sure they will refund you (give you credit, that is) in your case… anyone could make a mistake like that. Enjoy your new plan!