Koodo Community
Solved

Overcharge

• 13 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I recently went to the states for 5 days for medical procedures. I had the easy roam enabled for the $8 a day.

Upon receiving my bill I was charged for US/international voice usage (please see details below) but I was under the impression this was included on the easy roam. Additionally on my plan I have 1000 Intl LD min Bonus V2 F which I also figured would mean I wouldn’t be charged the rates below. 

Roaming - US/International Voice Usage $67.20 Total used 42:00 (MIN)

Long Distance - US/International Voice Usage $60.50 Additional 121:00 (MIN) Total used 121:00 (MIN)

This is a little ridiculous and not conducive with a student budget.

Please help

icon

Best answer by Dinh 13 January 2021, 19:08

The 1000 minutes add-on  (or other minute add-on) for international destinations is ONLY applicable if your calls originated within Canada.

Add-on voice features such as International Long Distance Saver, U.S. 1000 Minutes, China and Hong Kong 1000 Minutes, U.K. 1000 Minutes, France 1000 Minutes, and India 1000 Minutes are not eligible to be used with Easy Roam. These features require calls to originate in Canada.”  https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

Regarding the charge, I would double check if you actually had easyroam in your account and make sure those call are charged correctly. If you roam in US and had the easyroam add-on, calls within US shouldn’t be charged. The page 3 of the PDF bill should have the detail.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The 1000 minutes add-on  (or other minute add-on) for international destinations is ONLY applicable if your calls originated within Canada.

Add-on voice features such as International Long Distance Saver, U.S. 1000 Minutes, China and Hong Kong 1000 Minutes, U.K. 1000 Minutes, France 1000 Minutes, and India 1000 Minutes are not eligible to be used with Easy Roam. These features require calls to originate in Canada.”  https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

Regarding the charge, I would double check if you actually had easyroam in your account and make sure those call are charged correctly. If you roam in US and had the easyroam add-on, calls within US shouldn’t be charged. The page 3 of the PDF bill should have the detail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you sure you had the easy roam enable?  Can you check your PDF EBill and see if there is  a charge for it?

Also, what plan do you have? Is it including unlimited minutes or limited minutes? ( You might went over your minutes?)

Did you call other than Canada and/or USA?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The easy roam was enabled, it is listed on page 3 of the bill.

My plan included unlimited minutes and this is the list of add ons:

Add-ons

• Koodo VoLTE Access$0.00
  • Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance$0.00
  • $12/day Easy Roam INTL$0.00
  • International Data Roaming$0.00
  • International Voice Roaming$0.00
  • 1000 Intl LD min Bonus V2$0.00

Eligible for: India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia & Taiwan   Show less

• $8/day US Easy Roam$0.00

My calls were mostly to Canada and some to Bermuda.

If I am to pay for the long distance voice minutes that is fine, but seeing as international voice roaming is including I don’t think I am to pay for the roaming voice $67.20.

Thank you for your help

Since you made some calls to Bermuda, it’s very likely the roaming charges are specifically for those calls. The pay-per-use rate for calls while in the U.S. is $1.60/minute, which is in line with the per-minute rate for the roaming portion on your bill.

If you had Easy Roam on, calls made to numbers in Canada and the U.S. wouldn’t be charged, especially if your rate plan includes unlimited calling. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you look at your detailed pdf ebill it will say what exactly you were charged for, specifically in the call log

The easy roam was enabled, it is listed on page 3 of the bill.

My plan included unlimited minutes and this is the list of add ons:

Add-ons

• Koodo VoLTE Access$0.00
  • Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance$0.00
  • $12/day Easy Roam INTL$0.00
  • International Data Roaming$0.00
  • International Voice Roaming$0.00
  • 1000 Intl LD min Bonus V2$0.00

Eligible for: India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia & Taiwan   Show less

• $8/day US Easy Roam$0.00

My calls were mostly to Canada and some to Bermuda.

If I am to pay for the long distance voice minutes that is fine, but seeing as international voice roaming is including I don’t think I am to pay for the roaming voice $67.20.

Thank you for your help