Koodo Community
Solved

overage charge

• 14 June 2021
  • 9 replies

I was billed $2.50 for an overage charge of one minute to #8294. I have no idea what that could be.  I make less than 10 calls per month on this phone all local calls?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 14 June 2021, 05:58

I was billed $2.50 for an overage charge of one minute to #8294. I have no idea what that could be.  I make less than 10 calls per month on this phone all local calls?

Do you remember calling a taxi? The short code for #8294 is #TAXI and the rate at which it is charged is $2.50 per call. http://www.poundtaxi.com/howitworks/pricing

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you remember calling a taxi? The short code for #8294 is #TAXI and the rate at which it is charged is $2.50 per call. http://www.poundtaxi.com/howitworks/pricing

I have never called a taxi ??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can log into selfserve and check the pdf bill. It should tell you the date and time of the call that you were charged. It might help to know what happened. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Maybe someone else who used your cell phone did.

No one has access to my phone other than my wife and neither one of us has called or even used a taxi in over 40 years lol. The call was logged on May 31 at 9:40 am while we where walking our dog with the phone in my pocket. We walk every day rain or shine at 9am and return home around 10:15 so I am 100% sure there was not a call made?? Where do I go from here? It’s not the money at this point it’s the principle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sounds like the phone accidentally dialling the number while in your pocket. This happens a lot more often than you may think... 

You could try to get your money back by contacting Koodo though Facebook or Twitter pm. Meanwhile, make sure your phone is locked and not able to pocket dial a number...

Pocket dialing a saved number or a random number i get but to pocket dial #8294 and not have shown up as a recent call is undeniably unlikely. Since I don’t support Facebook or Twitter this matter is closed. But thank you all for the help,your kindness is appreciated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Pocket dialing a saved number or a random number i get but to pocket dial #8294 and not have shown up as a recent call is undeniably unlikely. Since I don’t support Facebook or Twitter this matter is closed. But thank you all for the help,your kindness is appreciated 

I would suggest you check the call history in your phone dialer app. Was there anything happened at that time?.

The issue is: if you could not find the cause of the problem, it could happen again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Some aliens took control of your phone. Dialed the number to establish contact with planet Earth then erased every trace of it. 

On a more serious note, I'm not sure that somebody else used your cell phone to make that call. It's either you made the call and you forgot about it, or its a pocket dial (most of the time # are the first contacts on the contact list). If Koodo's system picked it up, then the call was made 🤷🏼‍♂️