Koodo Community

Over Priced Bill

• 2 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello, 

Right now I am receiving a bill for less than a weeks use of Koodo and they are charging me approx $230.  My phone plan costs $55 per month, and i added on my fiance and they had a deal for $50 if I added him on, he then also bought a phone with a tab of $30 per month and the taxes on this would be about $17.55. This adds up to $152.55, they said they would drop the charges for connection fees for both our phones as they took 3 hours to connect two phones, and drop the partial payment, so why is my bill $230 this month? and how can i get it fixed? 

Also, they have a random number on my bill for $20 this month, that I dont even own. How to i get this number off my bill? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is hard to know the exact cause as you got multiple lines and you were a new customer (with some connection fee charged). Could you go to the Billing area and check the summary page of the PDF bill? (it could be the page 3 or 4). That page should have a better breakdown item with reasons for those charge. If possible, could you take a snapshot of it and post it here (hide/delete all personal information before posting please).

Userlevel 4

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. Welcome to Koodo! :) Please send us a private message from your Social Media account (Facebook or Twitter) so that we could look into it and give you more information about the first bill https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained.

Our phone bill came to $2300+. Before leaving Canada we called the customer service and he said we were good to go. The customer service representative said to text Roam and a number in case we have to text, we told him we don't text,the said in that case we were fine, we don't need to text and everything was setup. Ended up with the bill $2300+. The first time my mom complained they said we didn't pay for it out front before. We explained we were never asked to and we are post paid customer, also the representative said that we will be charged at the end of the billing cycle as they will charge $9/day of the time we use our phone in USA. We complained again to customer service, and this time they said that we didn't send a text Roam and the number. We explained that we were never asked to do so. We talk to customer service for quite some time and they promised that a superior will call back on our USA number with in 24-48 hours. It's been 48 hours with no call back. My mom is retired on a pension during these tested covid times. We explained them that it was not our fault and also that our financial situation is not such that we can pay the bill that happened due to the customer service representative mistake. During the call the customer service representative didn't know many answers to our questions. He said that incoming calls in USA on the international plan will not be free, we told him that it's not possible he double checked with someone for a lot of questions we asked. Why should we pay for an undertrained inexperienced customer service representative? Need help as we can't afford to pay for someone else mistake

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The moment your phone connects to any network outside Canada an automatic text message is sent detailing the roaming rates for using your phone.

well, in my case I did not receive any alert.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

well, in my case I did not receive any alert.

But, did you use your phone? You were aware of charges if you used your phone, correct?

I was told I will be charged $9/day. The bill ended up $2300

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was told I will be charged $9/day. The bill ended up $2300

Did you add the Easyroam?

Did you get charged by " Pay per use" rate?

Can you check your PDF EBill and see what is the charges for?

If you are on a phone for 24hour strait with pay per use, it end up $2300... But it's impossible.

What the rep said the charges are for?  This could be a glitch? That's why they need time to investigate?