Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Notfify Koodo of porting before switching to new provider?

I will be switching providers in the next few days and I read on another forum that maybe I should contact Koodo and give them a heads up il be porting to a new provider. Is this wise or unnecessary?

Been with Koodo for years and have been very happy but moving to a better deal.

13 replies

Userlevel 2
You don't have to notify Koodo of anything. Porting your number over to your new carrier will get the process started to close your Koodo account and generate your final bill with them.
Interestingly enough I switched to another provider a month ago. Despite asking both providers if my old plan would be cancelled and getting a unanimous "yes", I still got charged. While I might be an exception, wouldn't hurt to ask.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anonymous Poet wrote:

Interestingly enough I switched to another provider a month ago. Despite asking both providers if...

Sure, you got charged as per your agreement with Koodo, or in error. You can't have two lines with the same phone number.

Maybe we can help your situation. Can you please give us some more information about what happened?
I just may. At the time of this reply, its an hour wait to talk to someone so I will try later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike Konowaluk wrote:

I just may. At the time of this reply, its an hour wait to talk to someone so I will try later.

Save yourself the wait time, Mike, you really can just port out and you will receive one final bill. Calling them won't make one iota of difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike Konowaluk wrote:

You certainly don't have to contact us just because you consider moving to another provider. I am saddened 😞 though and would love to understand what the "better deal" is considering how happy you were with us for years. Pls let us know.
Userlevel 2
Mike Konowaluk wrote:

Does Koodo offer price/plan matching from another carrier? Does Koodo even have a [i][b]Retention/Loyalty department to offer the OP a "better deal" than the one he is considering from another carrier?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike Konowaluk wrote:

We are not a big fan of offering better deals to people solely on the basis other offers from different providers. Everything has its pros and cons and people should consider that. For us to "rewarding" those calling a "retention" department would really be fair to the thousands who are happy with what we provide. 
Mike Konowaluk wrote:

Unfortunately thats why Im switching. Even when I try to match up what I have now I would still be playing less for more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike Konowaluk wrote:

I understand Mike, hopefully we'll do business again in the future.
Mike Konowaluk wrote:

Maybe, you never know. I first joined when the Nexus S came out and had that plan since. At that time it was very rare to get 2 gigs of data for such a good price.
Userlevel 2
Mike Konowaluk wrote:

It all boils down to plan cost. This is why everyone joined Koodo in the first place. It's why I left Bell after 20 years to join koodo. Don't feel bad for making your decision to leave. If Koodo wanted to keep you as a customer, they would. If they don't want my next 15 years worth of revenue on 2 lines.....that's their choice.  Mother Telus  will  still be happy.
The specific reason I am leaving koodo, even after their offer to me is that they were more focussed on ARPU, than they were on keeping me happy with what I need. Food for thought...... 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_revenue_per_user
I'm going to go with the public mobile promo going on. It's fits my needs perfectly. I'm getting more for less. I'm told koodo doesn't have much of a retention plan.