Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Not pleased

Bought the 45 dollar package for thirty days in the states. Why is it not allowing me to call or text to Canada? If this is not rectified by Christmas I am hoping you will not charge me as this was the only reason I purchased it. Thank you in advance Kim

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nobody can rectify anything unless you contact customer service directly (nobody knows your account details). Please e-mail Koodo directly, or call in. The contact information can be found here: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/contact.shtml

Userlevel 6
It's not your add-on that doesn't allow the call. More than likely it's your phone. Is there coverage? Which phone company's name on top corner?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RudyW wrote:

It's not your add-on that doesn't allow the call. More than likely it's your phone. Is there cove...

Does international calling need to be enabled on the phone or in the account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RudyW wrote:

It's not your add-on that doesn't allow the call. More than likely it's your phone. Is there cove...

For US roaming? Not to my knowledge.
Userlevel 7
RudyW wrote:

No, nothing needs to be enabled to roam in the USA however you should check to make sure network selection is on Automatic and that if you intend to use roaming data, that Data Roaming is enabled. Finding these settings is different for each platform so without knowing which platform the original poster is on I can't say. RudyW is spot on, the roaming packages are simply billing codes which apply discounts and do nothing more.
Userlevel 5
RudyW wrote:

I feel like Chad is on the right track, this is probably an error in the settings on the phone that isn't allowing it to actually roam and do what you want it to do. A lot of people turn roaming off to prevent bill suprises, but never think to turn it back on if they need it.