Koodo Community
Solved

No service yet but already billed

• 2 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I started a referral to switch my mom to Koodo. The SIM card was mailed to her. But she’s already been given a bill despite not even porting her number in yet. We both found this surprising.

My question: has the billing already actually started, or will it start once she has ported in? She has the SIM card now but can’t do it by herself and I’m unable to help until next weekend (we live a hour apart).

icon

Best answer by Robert T 2 November 2020, 03:30

No that’s normal procedure. You can call Koodo in order to credit for the amount she did not use the plan for. Also, porting her number is pretty straight forward. Does she know how to use a computer? 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No that’s normal procedure. You can call Koodo in order to credit for the amount she did not use the plan for. Also, porting her number is pretty straight forward. Does she know how to use a computer? 

Userlevel 1

She knows how to use a computer but this kind of technical thing is too much for her in her old age.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Who ordered a SIM card for her?  (Who tried to set up her account?)

If she did it with her email address, then she should have received an email from Koodo to set up her self serve account.  Then start porting process.  
If you can access to her email, then you can do it from your home too.

They will start charging service as soon as she received her SIM.  She can use her phone with temporary number now. 

Userlevel 1

I got it going for her when I saw her last. I was not aware the billing would start before she actually ported. I’ll try to connect with her to do it remotely.

Userlevel 1

Okay, got it going but it was a little rough doing it over the phone with her LOL.

But I noticed something on her bill… she got a $5 BYOD monthly credit. I wonder how she got that and I didn’t? We’re both BYOD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

$5 credit is for new activation promo.