Koodo Community
Solved

No activation of service as new SIM not received yet but already billed for

• 18 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Already received e-bill & charged from the date I signed up & ordered the SIM but the SIM is still in the process of shipping to me for porting the # from the previous service provider. That means I am paying for both sides but can only use the old service. Why I am being charged by Koodo for service not yet provided?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 19 February 2021, 05:36

I understand the pro-rated fee but don’t agree with why they charged me for the days I can’t use their service as SIM card not yet received so how can I port the number to Koodo and start using the services in the plan.

What is the chance of getting the charges reversed as I am still in a position to cancel the plan with Koodo?

You have a good chance of being credited for the days you did not use the service. They will usually do it for you.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Already received e-bill & charged from the date I signed up & ordered the SIM but the SIM is still in the process of shipping to me for porting the # from the previous service provider. That means I am paying for both sides but can only use the old service. Why I am being charged by Koodo for service not yet provided?

This is a common practice. The first bill includes pro-rated charges from your activation date to your billing date, plus the next full month in advance. The activation date starts on the day when you sign up with Koodo. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/charges-explained

You can dispute the charges for the days you did not use the service. Schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message to a Koodo rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. 

I understand the pro-rated fee but don’t agree with why they charged me for the days I can’t use their service as SIM card not yet received so how can I port the number to Koodo and start using the services in the plan.

What is the chance of getting the charges reversed as I am still in a position to cancel the plan with Koodo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You have a good chance of being credited for the days you did not use the service. They will usually do it for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo preactivates your sim based on the expected day you are to receive your sim.  Sometimes Canada post delays messes that up.  Just pay this bill and when you receive your sim, contact Koodo and they will credit you for the day you didnt have the sim..  It should not be an issue.