Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New Potential Customer - Questions

Hi Guys, I am currently with Mobilicity but shopping around for new cell phone service. Koodo clicked me and I would be interested in moving over to Koodo. However, I have following questions which I need to clear about before making my final decision. •How much will it cost me if I get the Samsung Galaxy Mega on tab medium for $50 plan? Also, if I want to walk out after 6 months then how much will it cost me? Can I get mathematical answer please 🙂? •Is there a wallet system in Koodo just like Mobilicity where you can only use their additional services only if you have balance in your wallet? This is a very good feature and saves you from additional unintentional charges. •How is the coverage like? If I am under the coverage area but out of my city, can I still use my phone as local or will it cost me roaming? •Is there any hidden fees or something similar? Basically I don’t want to get surprises and would like flexibility if I need to walk away. •Above all how is the customer service like? Thank you for your help!

14 replies

-How much will it cost me if I get the Samsung Galaxy Mega on tab medium for $50 plan? Also, if I want to walk out after 6 months then how much will it cost me? Can I get mathematical answer please 🙂? Phone would cost $200 upfront, bill would be $55 + tax(assuming no overages). How much it will cost you will determine how much of the tab is remaining at that time, which cannot be determined until the final bill is out. -Is there a wallet system in Koodo just like Mobilicity where you can only use their additional services only if you have balance in your wallet? This is a very good feature and saves you from additional unintentional charges. No such system. If you go over your monthly usage, you are required to pay the overage costs. -How is the coverage like? If I am under the coverage area but out of my city, can I still use my phone as local or will it cost me roaming? Koodo does not have roaming within Canada. All plans are Canada Wide, so no long distance charges to all calls made/received within Canada. -Is there any hidden fees or something similar? Basically I don’t want to get surprises and would like flexibility if I need to walk away. No hidden feeds, however because of Koodo's Self serve system, if you have an agent do something for you that you could do, they will apply a charge. -Above all how is the customer service like? Overall, pretty decent.
Thanks Marcus for your replies. Appreciated! So basically please correct me if I am wrong, if I leave after 6 months then I would have to pay 225 * tax for the phone balance. I understand there is no wallet system, but is there any app or way of determining your usage just so one doesn't go over monthly usage? How is the call quality? Are there any areas where I wouldn't get the coverage? I live in GTA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The coverage map can be seen here. Koodo is working on Telus's network! It's not like other small cellphone companies that didn't have signal in many out-of-the town regions. Coverage : http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps Yeah, there's the official Koodo app that will let you do this! Available on the AppStore and PlayStore! It does a good job. Plus, you get notified at 75% and 90% of your data limit by a text message. You need to configure this through self-serve though! Anyother question?
No, I am pretty content and satisfied. Only thing I will be missing is Unlimited USA Long Distance. I have already paid the bill for this month. I should either be ordering close to end of this month or go to Koodo retailer. Not sure if all Koodo retailers carry the Galaxy Mega phone.
Userlevel 7
Currently it's only available at Koodo shops and Mobile Shop. Whereabouts do you live? I can point you to the nearest location.
Omair Why are you leaving mobilicity? I am in the same position as you and am considering moving just to get a better phone than their offerings.
@Jonathan: I am in East York area. There is a Real Canadian Superstore close to my home. However, I didn't see Galaxy Mega there. I was curious that whether all retailers carry this particular phone or not. @Ted: Currently I have $45 plan and everything is unlimited in that. My main reason to be honest is the Galaxy Mega phone, as my current smart phone is broken and I would have to pay 300-400 to get a good smart phone. I was debating myself whether I would get the same worry free luxury with Koodo even if I choose $50 plan. I am not a texting or talking person; However I have used Data freely on my phone while using GPS or other apps. This is a hard decision and I am still debating whether to pay $300-400 upfront for a new phone and stay with Mobilicity or move to Koodo, which seems a good option.
Userlevel 7
Did that RCSS have a Mobile Shop in it or did you just look at the prepaid express section? What store was it?
@Jonathan: They have a booth in that RCSS that sells different cell phone companies services including Koodo. It is near Don Mills & Eglinton.
@OH I'm sure you've seen Gizmodo's negative review: http://gizmodo.com/samsung-galaxy-mega-review-giant-phone-causes-existent-1222322084 elsewhere in these posts but hey you may want a larger phone T
Userlevel 6
Ted Yao wrote:

@OH I'm sure you've seen Gizmodo's negative review: http://gizmodo.com/samsung-galaxy-me...

For a mid-range phone/tablet it's very decent. See here: http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/02/samsung-galaxy-mega-review/
Userlevel 7
can you go to the Don Mills and Eglington location again and ask them if they can get the Mega for Koodo shipped in from another location? They are unable to order it until all S II X's and S IIIs are sold through first.
does this have everything on it?
Userlevel 4
Susan Shirley Gladue wrote:

does this have everything on it?

Does what have everything on it?