Koodo Community
Question

New Koodo App doesn't sync with my billing period when tracking data

The koodo app seemed to wind up it's data tracking on Oct 31. It stopped updating my data usage that I was using on Nov 1 (billing period is Oct 2 to Nov 1). Is this normal? If it is, it's not that useful to me....

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Data and airtime usage does not update in real-time. From Koodo's website : There is a delay before your usage is updated on your account. The delay varies depending on the type and the location of the usage. All usage amounts are approximate and may not entirely reflect the usage amounts on your invoice. Inside Canada: ◾️Text and picture messaging usage within Canada is normally updated within 60 minutes of sending or receiving your last message. ◾️Data usage within Canada is normally updated within 60 minutes. More info http://help.koodomobile.com/self-serve/self-serve-app/no-usage-displayed-in-the-koodo-self-serve-app
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...And also remember that since it is a text message, it's possible that there was a delay in your phone receiving the text message.
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...And since you are in a new billing cycle now, you can go back to your previous billing cycle and review the data usage. That will tell you when the overage started happening.
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...Well without seeing your account, I can't tell you when that message was sent. Try calling in and see what time the text message was sent.
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...Yes and I can accept that. But the delay times are way outside 60 minutes for the overuse message, and coupled with what I saw on the app, indicate abnormalities. Not something that I would like to be ignored. I'm happy with the 95% warning, but the lack of updating in a reasonable timeframe after that until I received the overuse text is my issue.
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...Plus Mayumi's information comes directly from Koodo's website. You could call in and ask when the system sent out that $10 notification. There would be a note on the account as to the time it was generated and sent by the system.
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...And you just proved my point. Those of us that have answered have given you the answers that match up to your questions, but you choose not to accept them. That's your choice, but don't be coming here and saying that I don't know what I am talking about. I've been doing this for a long time and my information is just as valid as anyone else's. Delays can happen, this is fact. As I said, chalk it up to bad timing of the end of your billing cycle & you going over your data amount at the same time. There was also maintenance yesterday which may have affected the delivery of the text. I already admitted that delays happen. It's been stated that the updates are not real time. No one here can access your account. There are no abnormalities that can be resolved. As best as I can determine, it was a simple delay, nothing more. You are making this way bigger than it needs to be.
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...Saison... I am not disagreeing with you nor am I accusing you of being wrong. I am a Koodo client too, so if anything I would always side with the "customer is always right" mantra. I was simply pointing out that arguing over exactly when you receive the message that you've gone over your data limit is a moot point because it has already been surpassed. Now, if you're trying to determine exactly when you receive the warning that you've reached 75% or 95% of your limit, then this is a different story. But Mayumi has mentioned below that the usage information is not real-time so there is a delay when the app or self-serve website displays your usage information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...Hi Saison. - I would like the rep with actual site info just posted to comment .... If you are talking about me, I'm not working for Kood neither. I'm just a customer like you and participating this community regularly. I posted the site because I wanted say that those usage doesn't update in real-time.
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...From your own comments above, it's clear that you don't know what you are talking about, needed to get another rep in to explain the rules, and want this to go away because you can't accept that your system or you could have made a mistake, as you have done at least twice in this thread . We are done here unless mayumi comes back and addresses the abnormalities in my account. This is going to another level otherwise. There is no sense in you responding if you don't plan to investigate this further.
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...The notifications come from the system. The app simply updates the usage. It is not real time though, so there can be a variance in what you see. The only real way to know for sure, is to wait for the bill to come out. I am an actual rep, and I have already given you the information you are looking for. If you can't accept the info that's being given to you, there's nothing any of us can do to convince you otherwise.
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...Quas. Since when are customer complaints such a nuisance? Is this how koodo does business? The issue is that I believe that I wasn't getting timely (certainty not within the normal limits by your standards) updates from your app, or I wouldn't have gone over the limit. I would like the rep with actual site info just posted to comment on the timing of the overage charge message. You all seem to think computers can't make mistakes, and the customer is always wrong...
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...Yeah, just a little delay....
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...Yup. At least he got a warning 😛. I'd chalk it up to bad timing. The end of the billing cycle & the same day the data limit was went over on.
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...I think this discussion is getting overly pedantic. By the time you receive a message that you are over your limit, you have already breached your limit. Whether the message is received immediately or a few hours later is irrelevant as the limit has already been passed. You will be charged a overage fee regardless.
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...Then it was a delay in you receiving the text message.
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...That's not true, and I have the text message from koodo at 5:52 am on November 2 to prove it.
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...You would receive the overage message during your current billing cycle, not after.
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...So under what circumstances could I receive that message after a billing period has ended? I don't understand how this can happen, as I was over by over 200mb, that didn't happen at 11:59pm on Nov 1. Should that notice not have been generated before a new billing period started? I did not receive a notice until Nov 2, but the billing period ended Nov.1...
Userlevel 2
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day...When the system recognizes when you hit $10 of data overage.
Yes, but when is it generated? At the exact moment you go over the limit? At the end of the day on which you go over the limit?
Userlevel 2
The $10 warning is an overage warning. It's going to depend on your data package.
Userlevel 2
So there is no warning that you have reached the limit? When does the text message occur that ...Correct. I'm also the same Myke that worked on the SM team 🙂. I'm simply saying that the 95% warning is when data consumption should be stopped, or slowed down so then you don't go over. If you do go over then the next warning is at $10. The actual data amount will vary depending on data package size. If you're asking about what time specifically, that's not an answer that can be provided. The system does update the data usage every hour, so once it recognizes you've hit that overage amount, it'll send you a notification.
Userlevel 3
So there is no warning that you have reached the limit? When does the text message occur that ...Dude, I'm just a customer like you. 🙂 And many of us here, although Myke I believe does work for koodo.
So there is no warning that you have reached the limit? When does the text message occur that ...OK, so are we certain that there is no warning on usage over 95%? The $10 warning, when exactly is it generated? I also make every attempt to keep myself withing limits, which is why I want to get to the bottom of this without 'the customer is always wrong attitude'. To say that you should stop using data at 95% (307 mb) isn't really helpful. That's a lot of data that people aren't supposed to use, is that koodo policy on their cell packages?