Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New Koodo App doesn't sync with my billing period when tracking data

The koodo app seemed to wind up it's data tracking on Oct 31. It stopped updating my data usage that I was using on Nov 1 (billing period is Oct 2 to Nov 1). Is this normal? If it is, it's not that useful to me....

47 replies

Userlevel 2
From what I understand, the Koodo app pulls the data tracking information from the same system as the Self Serve website. Does your usage from Self Serve report the same information as the app?
I did not check it at the time, as I didn't see any reason to. The reason I noticed this later was that on Nov 2nd, I got a notice about being over my data limit. The android app wasn't showing this, and had stopped updating data usage and was pegged at under my limit. I assumed that this was because it had reached the end of my billing period and was taking time to roll over until the new period. This was not the case, as I used data over my limit that the app did not display. There seemed to be a period of no communication between the two systems. Or they are synced on different dates.
Userlevel 2
Saison wrote:

I did not check it at the time, as I didn't see any reason to. The reason I noticed this later w...

The app will show up to your limit. It won't show any overages.
Saison wrote:

I did not check it at the time, as I didn't see any reason to. The reason I noticed this later w...

Didn't even do that.
Userlevel 2
Saison wrote:

Something doesn't add up. The app pulls the usage information from the system, the same way Self Serve does. The app will show you at your limit once you hit it, but it won't show the overage amount(that I'm aware of). Since Nov 1 is the last day of your billing cycle, there wouldn't be any further updates and will reset on Nov 2nd.
Saison wrote:

Maybe the two systems stopped talking. At any rate, the app was showing me a usage that was pegged at a couple hundred megs under my limit even though I was continuing to use data. At no time did it show my upper limit had been reached, and then rolled over to 0 GB on Nov 2, which is also when I received the text about spending more than $10 on data.
Userlevel 2
Saison wrote:

It's the same system, no matter if you use it on the web or on the app. What did your data usage say when you checked Self Serve?
Saison wrote:

I did not check the self serve at that time.
Userlevel 2
Saison wrote:

Always double check to make sure the info is matching.
Saison wrote:

That's great advice now. As it stands, there is not much sense in cluttering up my phone with an app that can't be trusted...
Userlevel 2
Saison wrote:

The app is trustworthy. I've been using it since it came out and haven't had any issues.
Saison wrote:

Not for me. And if it was, why would you tell people to check the web version?
Userlevel 3
Saison wrote:

The apps work fine. I never had a problem. Maybe it's your phone. I tried too look here if anyone else had the same issue as you. They didn't, so I think it's something with your settings not the app.
Saison wrote:

Once again, the app did not work fine for me. Because you did not have a problem does not mean that the app works fine. Now, what kind of settings, it's a Koodo purchased Nexus 4. And it was updating prior to the point where it seemed to not update. Also, what are the warnings when you are using your data towards it's limit limit?
Userlevel 2
Saison wrote:

50%, 75%, 100%. Most issues with the app can be resolved by uninstalling & installing the app.
Saison wrote:

I did not receive a 100% warning via text. Are you sure it is 100%, as I did recieve a 95%.
Userlevel 2
Saison wrote:

My mistake, it's 75% & 95%.
So there is no warning that you have reached the limit? When does the text message occur that you have incurred data charges by going over the limit?
Userlevel 2
Saison wrote:

So there is no warning that you have reached the limit? When does the text message occur that ...

The 95% should be enough warning to let you know to stop using your data.
Saison wrote:

So there is no warning that you have reached the limit? When does the text message occur that ...

That's not my question. I want to know if there is a warning generated when the limit has been reached.
Userlevel 2
Saison wrote:

The 95% warning IS the warning that is generated. The next warning you receive would be when you reach $10 in data overages.
Userlevel 3
Saison wrote:

I think there is. I received one some time ago. If I remember correctly it was when I went 1gb over. But don't quote me , my app works and I keep myself within limits. 🙂
Saison wrote:

OK, so are we certain that there is no warning on usage over 95%? The $10 warning, when exactly is it generated? I also make every attempt to keep myself withing limits, which is why I want to get to the bottom of this without 'the customer is always wrong attitude'. To say that you should stop using data at 95% (307 mb) isn't really helpful. That's a lot of data that people aren't supposed to use, is that koodo policy on their cell packages?
Userlevel 3
Saison wrote:

Dude, I'm just a customer like you. 🙂 And many of us here, although Myke I believe does work for koodo.
Userlevel 2
Saison wrote:

Correct. I'm also the same Myke that worked on the SM team 🙂. I'm simply saying that the 95% warning is when data consumption should be stopped, or slowed down so then you don't go over. If you do go over then the next warning is at $10. The actual data amount will vary depending on data package size. If you're asking about what time specifically, that's not an answer that can be provided. The system does update the data usage every hour, so once it recognizes you've hit that overage amount, it'll send you a notification.