Koodo Community

Community

Solved

New charges in my bill for data without exceed it

I have new charges in my bill this month for data about $265 but I didn't exceed it or authorize that charges, actually I have no clue what is this about. Can anyone help me with that?

14 replies

Userlevel 1
Do you have any other lines on your account? Or could you have possibly turned off your shock free data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you reviewed your PDF invoice downloaded from Self-serve? It will have the details, and you can then ask more questions either here, or of Koodo directly.

Userlevel 6
Hi Claudia, Unfortunately, we are just like you, customers. We don’t have access to your account. You’ll have to either visit a Koodo store or contact Koodo through Facebook to review your bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Claudia, the charges on all 3 lines are not for data. This is what you see on your invoice:

It looks like you used Boku which is a mobile payment application for purchases of products and services:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boku_mobile_payments

Yes, that’s exactly what I see in my invoice, but I didn’t buy anything, any app any service nothing, so in that case, what can I do??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Claudia Mesa wrote:

Yes, that’s exactly what I see in my invoice, but I didn’t buy anything, any app any service noth...

Did you receive any text to ask you for any purchase from Boku? or did you have Boku app in your phone? You could check what they charged you for. Normally they cannot charge you if they don't have any confirmation from you. If you didn't receive any confirmation or allowed any purchase, you could call Koodo to dispute.
Claudia Mesa wrote:

Yes, that’s exactly what I see in my invoice, but I didn’t buy anything, any app any service noth...

Thanks, I think that I'll do that because I don’t have the app and I never confirmed any purchase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Claudia Mesa wrote:

I would also contact Boku to prevent future charges.
https://boku.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Claudia Mesa wrote:

Claudia, you will have to dispute the charges with Boku as they are a third party provider that pass on the charges to your Koodo bill. Unfortunately we can't do anything until you have confirmation from Boku that the charges should be reversed. The other 2 users of the account also had some charges related to it so you may want to talk them before contacting Boku. Checking Boku transactions might be a good idea first. 

https://boku.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/228490928

Claudia Mesa wrote:

Thank you so much guys for all your replies!! I’ll contact Boku to get more information about this!!!
Claudia Mesa wrote:

This just happened to my sister who is also with Koodo. All 3 phones on the account were charged by boku. The family has NO idea what this is and it’s the first time any of us heard of boku. It says that it was for events all different times and dates. Best thing is one of the phones is broken and is not usable what so ever. We even have the screen shot from our Koodo bill that there was no activity on that phone other than the boku charges! Charges were over $300. So there is obviously some kind of scam going on and Koodo needs to investigate this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Claudia Mesa wrote:

Boku is just a carrier billing company. You can try this link to figure out what the charges are for. https://boku.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/228490928?mobile_site=true
Claudia Mesa wrote:

That is the link to boku and it’s asking for us to sign into our account. That’s the thing ... we do not have an account!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Claudia Mesa wrote:

Then you will need to take up the issue e of charges with boku, as they have created the problem for you.