Koodo Community

New Bill Format needs Improvements

Show first post

45 replies

It shows usage for current billing cycle but not for previously billed cycles. It would be nice to see the pattern.
I spent several minutes spent on the phone to find out why there was a $0.60 extra charge on the invoice. Turns out it was a U.S. text message which I don't even recall. This is easily avoided if you identify the charge on statements. You can show HST, but no other particulars??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I spent several minutes spent on the phone to find out why there was a $0.60 extra charge on the ...I know this new bill lost information of "free airtime", "included airtime'.... But they still have info for overage charges for text and data on page 4. I know this because I have 4 lines and my kids were charged for US texts and data overage last month 🙂 If you can't agree with your charges (US text in your case), you should call Koodo *611. If you go to a city near the border, your phone could pick US signal. So you can change your phone setting to avoid future charges.
Userlevel 2
I spent several minutes spent on the phone to find out why there was a $0.60 extra charge on the ...But, they still got rid of regular usage (data and sms)... i haven't gone over so I don't see my overages... i like to see patterns of usage not just when I go over
Agreed. Patterns of usage so we can decide on a plan that's best based on our usage. Has someone created an app for this yet?
Userlevel 4
Oh no. I have found yet another category of information that is now missing. My plan is such that international calls are charged by the second, not by the minute. However, the new invoice rounds every single call to the full minute. As a result, I can not see if the rate charged for the destination is correct. Various calls to the same desination, all listed with the same length, are be billed at varying costs because, in reality, the calls where not all of the same length. However, the new bill does not disclose how long the call actually was. This is not handy. I wonder: How did the new invoice pass quality control?
Userlevel 2
How do we get Koodo to act on this feedback? I haven't even heard a recognition by Koodo management that they have even got this feedfback.
Userlevel 1
I spoke at length about the failure to give usage information to their customers via their invoices, and this deficiency was acknowledged by the rep I spoke to. He brought up this information is available on the self-serve website wherein I responded to retrieve information is not easy and very time consuming because none of info is centralized. I mentioned this was a very unacceptable solution to the current problem. He assured me the recorded phone call will be sent to management responsible for bringing in the new, deficient invoice. We'll see if Koodo will finally acknowledge their mistake in writing here and fix their oversight by reinstating the comprehensive information they once had on their invoices.
Userlevel 3
Hey Daniel et al, Thank you for the detailed ideas and replies. We thought it was only fair to add usage details back to your bill, so thanks to your input we have! If you haven't already, you should see the details on your next bill. Thanks again!
This is great news! Thank you. Will we be able to see totals so we can compare our usage from month-to-month for talk time, texts and data? I'd also like to be able to see when I talk the most; at night, during the day, on weekends, etc. so I know for sure without a doubt that I have the right plan for my usage. Right now I'm not really sure.
Userlevel 3
This is great news! Thank you. Will we be able to see totals so we can compare our usage from mon...Hi Sarah!
To answer your questions, yes, you will be able to see a breakdown of each category (talk, text and data). So, you'll be able to track each bucket from month to month.
As for seeing when you use your minutes the most, you'll be able to see free minutes used and billable minutes used.
Hope this helps you make full use of your plan! Thanks for asking.
Userlevel 1
Hallelujah. I'm thrilled Koodo is listening to their customers. I hope Koodo has fully reinstated all usage information provided before the change. I look forward to seeing the change on my next invoice in the next week.
Userlevel 1
And thank you!!!
Great. Breaking down talk into free and billable isn't helpful to me since I'm on an unlimited plan. Is there a way to break it down into evenings/weekends and daytime while still on an unlimited plan? I'm not so sure I really need an unlimited plan but I want to know before I switch. Thank you.
Userlevel 3
Great. Breaking down talk into free and billable isn't helpful to me since I'm on an unlimited pl...Ah, gotcha.
Sarah, the new billing format will only show the total minutes. So, at this time, the best option is to manually track your calls. If you don't have the detailed billing add-on, you can find call information on your e-bill. I realize this isn't an ideal solution but I will let the team here know about your idea.
Thanks again for your feedback and questions.
Userlevel 6
Great. Breaking down talk into free and billable isn't helpful to me since I'm on an unlimited pl...When is this suppose to happen? My October bill doesn't show it yet.
Userlevel 3
Great. Breaking down talk into free and billable isn't helpful to me since I'm on an unlimited pl...Hi Chris,
Thanks for asking. We rolled this back out on October 26th. Most likely you'll see it on your November bill.
Userlevel 2
Thanks again, Jordan, for making this change.
Thank you. Does anyone know if there's an app that could do this for me?
Userlevel 4
Thank you for bringing back the usage information.