Koodo Community

New Bill Format needs Improvements

Userlevel 4
The new bill format is a disappointment. Please improve it. a) Very important information is missing: How many minutes, texts and MBytes where used overall and on each line respectively? This was very clear and concise on the old bills. The Self Serve is not equivalent. Self Serve goes back a max of two months, it does not have the same information (example: how many messages sent vs received), it does not show all on one page (separate webpages for data, messages, minutes) and it does not sum it for the entire account. b) The new Font Type is a bad choice, it is too thin. This makes it much harder to read thant the old one. Also, there are some grey areas with text in them = bad contrast. Maybe you want to consult experts in design for people with bad eyesight. The one thing that is better: There is now a sum before taxes. Hitherto, there was a sum that included HST/PST/QST, but not GST. That didn't make a lot of sense.

45 replies

Userlevel 7
Could someone post what the bills look like now? With any personal info edited out, if applicable
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just received my bill and I have to agree with this idea. Yes, it is a simple format to see. But I'd like to see the break down information of Airtime minutes, Text/Picture Messaging, Data usage for each lines. Also Closing Tab Balance is missing....
Userlevel 2
I agree with point a) and have posted a related question. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/why_are_there_no_usage_totals_in_the_new_bill_format
Userlevel 4
I just opened the new bill and I am also extremely disappointed. Why is Koodo going backwards? I don't care about the font, just give me the info (data usage, minute summary and sms usage) like before.
Userlevel 5
Hi DanielAJ, it's being looked into as we speak! 🙂 Thanks for the heads up.
Userlevel 4
Sumaya K. wrote:

I'm glad to hear that, Sumaya! I know Koodo can do better. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Sumaya K. wrote:

Very encouraging news!
Userlevel 1
I didn't know about this thread. I just posted the stuff below under a new thread called NEW INVOICE IS CRAPPY & FAILS TO REPORT BASIC USAGE INFORMATION." Thank Mayumi for letting me know about this thread. Here's my view on it: "The new invoice is ridiculous. What happened to information totals on: (1) Airtime usage, (2) Data usage, and (3) text messages sent & received. I just spoke to one of your operators who explained the information is no longer available on our monthly invoice, but available by logging on the Koodo web site under each account I have with you. Are you guys kidding!!!! How much time or patience do you think I have to extract basic information about my account? GO BACK TO THE OLD INVOICE. At least it provided all the monthly information totals for us. What you have now is terrible!!!!!" Koodo, you got to fix this!!!!!
Userlevel 1
Rob S wrote:

I didn't know about this thread. I just posted the stuff below under a new thread called NEW INV...

Agree totally with Robert. Good comment. What moron at Kodoo decided it was a good idea to take out all that critical information? Did he do it so that I wouldn't be able to figure out if I had been billed properly? Cell phone contracts are complicated arrangements with all manner of different options and choices. Removing data from bills only makes me suspicious Kodoo is up to no good. Go back to the old format and then improve on that.
Userlevel 4
I just realized that the Tab-information is completely missing, too. Wow. So much for "it has more information on what you need to know – like your Tab."
Userlevel 4
The August invoice now contains Tab information. Usage statistic is still not available. I have noticed that I have not received any Tab contribution in July. It wasn't just missing on the invoice, it is also missing in the Self Serve of the Koodo website. There is no line for the month of July. Is that only with my account or a widespread issue?
Userlevel 4
Daniel AJ wrote:

The August invoice now contains Tab information. Usage statistic is still not available. I hav...

It seems it was a singular issue. I called customer support a while back and it was fixed.
Userlevel 1
The new bill sucks! So hard to understand and find what my usage is, other than the overages. Ive got Telus and Koodo employees at store level telling me this as well. They have also echo'd it to their management and above.
Im lost trying to figure out how the bill works... its confusing and has none of the info i am searching for... i like to know if i was close to using up all my minute and data... why is the Koodo customer service in the past couple of months has gotten worse... as well as when i went to pay my bill it was more expensive then usual and i had no explanation for it on my bill... except for the fact my bill says Telus when i clearly signed up with Koodo.
They should not make this statement "Now, it’s easier to read and understand, plus it has more information on what you need to know - like your Tab." because is not true. it has way less information compared to old bill please bring back the old bill format or at least give more information on totals for local airtime, long distance, texts sent, texts received and data usage
Userlevel 2
Can't believe koodo would go backwards and take usage details away. This makes me consider leaving koodo. Until this move, I was a happy customer
Userlevel 1
Have to say I agree with the comments here. The new bill is not a step forward. I preferred the detailed breakdown of information in the old bill. Simple is not always better.
Userlevel 5
The old e-bill brought information that customers wanted. This new e-bill does not.
Userlevel 1
I too want usage breakdowns, and liked the old invoices for that. AND...when you make changes, please use a better filename, like Koodo_Invoice_xxxx instead of the current Invoice_Download_xxxx, because after I download it, it gets put into a download folder and gets mixed up with other invoices. [I notice that no financial download seems to be keeping the customer in mind in its filenames!]
I need to see my pattern of total airtime minutes and texts. I have a feeling I don't use my phone as much as I think at the moment and would love the flexibility of going down to the 300 min plan for a few months but I don't want to do it and then find out, oops, I used more and now my bill is $150. Great customer service to me would be
Great customer service to me would be: the self-serve app or Koodo emails me and says "We notice you're not really using your plan to it's fullest potential, maybe it's a bit more than you need right now. Would you consider going down to this $35/mth plan for a few months? It looks it suits your needs much better. When your usage starts ramping up again we'll let you know before we it goes over the limit where we have to charge you ridiculous per minute charges. We want you to have the right plan for your usage..."
Userlevel 6
Sarah Enright wrote:

Great customer service to me would be: the self-serve app or Koodo emails me and says "We not...

Wow would that be convienient. Trouble is that it would require either a human being or an extremely advanced (and expensive) AI monitoring everyone's usage constantly for it to work. Used to be that you could take care of that yourself though...
Userlevel 6
Sarah Enright wrote:

Great customer service to me would be: the self-serve app or Koodo emails me and says "We not...

The self serve app shows all your usage. It doesn't send texts to let you know where you stand and how much stuff you used but that would be a nice feature.
Sarah Enright wrote:

It shows usage for current billing cycle but not for previously billed cycles. It would be nice to see the pattern.
Still tying to figure out how Koodo could believe they were actually putting more info on their new bill when they removed most of the info from the old format. What kind of joke is that?