Koodo Community
Solved

New Account # & Number Port

• 25 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi I am new to Koodo.

I signed up online and ported my number from Public Mobile. I was sent an order confirmation email and I can see that the account was approved, and is waiting to ship. I can track my order for the SIM/Phone through he order # but  I do not have an account number yet. So I cant access the account online. 

The order says it can take between 3-5 days to ship.

I was hoping to get an account # right away, so that I could buy a SIM locally and use my current device right away as  my monthly plan expired today on my other carrier.

I have three questions:

1.  How long does it take to get the account number? Or another way to say this is it possible to get an account #, prior to receiving the SIM/Phone in the mail? 
  2. How long will it take to port my number? I am thinking I may have to renew my old account for another month, if the phone will take a week to receive, but now I am wondering if I even have access to the old phone #? Or if I re- activate my old account, maybe I will lose the phone # within a day or two and still be without a phone for a a week.
  3. Is there a customer service line to help with activation? The one number, asks me a series of questions, then hangs up on me.

Thanks for your help! 
icon

Best answer by Robert T 25 March 2021, 20:35

I have three answers:

1.  How long does it take to get the account number? Or another way to say this is it possible to get an account #, prior to receiving the SIM/Phone in the mail?  No it's rarely the case you receive the account number before. It usually comes with the phone.
  2. How long will it take to port my number? I am thinking I may have to renew my old account for another month, if the phone will take a week to receive, but now I am wondering if I even have access to the old phone #? Or if I re- activate my old account, maybe I will lose the phone # within a day or two and still be without a phone for a a week. Your number needs to be active in order to port. Since its a mobile number it should be done in under 24h
  3. Is there a customer service line to help with activation? The one number, asks me a series of questions, then hangs up on me. Yes you can always ask foe help here or online or schedule a callback if necessary 

Thanks for your help! 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have three answers:

1.  How long does it take to get the account number? Or another way to say this is it possible to get an account #, prior to receiving the SIM/Phone in the mail?  No it's rarely the case you receive the account number before. It usually comes with the phone.
  2. How long will it take to port my number? I am thinking I may have to renew my old account for another month, if the phone will take a week to receive, but now I am wondering if I even have access to the old phone #? Or if I re- activate my old account, maybe I will lose the phone # within a day or two and still be without a phone for a a week. Your number needs to be active in order to port. Since its a mobile number it should be done in under 24h
  3. Is there a customer service line to help with activation? The one number, asks me a series of questions, then hangs up on me. Yes you can always ask foe help here or online or schedule a callback if necessary 

Thanks for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can change your plan with Public Mobile to the cheapest $15 plan just to tie you over, because you do indeed need an active prepaid plan to be able to port your number.

I probably would suggest that, so that at least you can be called while you wait for your new SIM!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you buy a new koodo sim, to switch to the new sim you will need to confirm the sim change via text message validation code, which you won't be able to do if the original sim is still in-transit.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/koodo-sim-support

I'm entering my code # 092222