Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Name spelling correction?

My name is spelled wrong when I log into account ...the "Welcome _______!" Is there a way to fix it myself or do I have to call Koodoo again? Told rep 3 times how to spell it.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately you'll have to call again. It may be that it takes time to change in general or that it's changed on their end but hasn't changed at the level of your self serve account. Is your bill the proper spelling?
Yes, it looks like the bill is set up with the right spelling but under "Login name and email," my first name is spelled wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pidge wrote:

Yes, it looks like the bill is set up with the right spelling but under "Login name and email," m...

I'd just wait to see if it changes over a little time and if not then give them a call and just let them know it hasn't changed on your self serve if it's important to you.
Userlevel 6
Your billing name actually only effects the name on your self serve profile during registration, from then on they are two seperate systems so updating the name on your bill will not directly change the name on your self serve profile. Also, the subscriber (the name attached to your actual phone number, since you can have more than one) is seperate from the billing name too, was that mispelled as well? For any of this you'll unfortunately have to call back to customer service.
From what I can see on my end, they spelled it right everywhere but My Profile -> Role Management -> Login name and email. (Under Owner) How curious.
Userlevel 5
Pidge wrote:

From what I can see on my end, they spelled it right everywhere but My Profile -> Role Management...

Hey there, you can use this secure link: http://koo.do/YqucV0 to send us an email and we will change that for you (please select ''Social Media'' for the reason you're contacting us). We look forward to assisting you 🙂
Pidge wrote:

From what I can see on my end, they spelled it right everywhere but My Profile -> Role Management...

Thanks, Tayeb! Will do!
Userlevel 5
Pidge wrote:

Thanks for sending us an email through the secure link, the change has been applied 🙂 Please note that it should be effective in the next 24 hours. Enjoy your weekend!
Pidge wrote:

Thanks, Tayeb! That was quick. I thought of something else I wanted to check. Will send an email.
Pidge wrote:

I am a new member and my name is spelled wrong, please correct my name. It is not Jelt, it is Jetty
Pidge wrote:

Thanks a ton Tayeb, I was able to benefit from this advice far into the future.
please take care of above message, Jetty
Userlevel 3
Hi Jetty, you do realize that most people here are customers just like you and cannot change anything. Occasionally an employee comes on like Tayeb A above. Just read his post and follow what he says to do and it should get corrected.