Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Mystery Data

I just received my Koodo monthly bill and I am not happy with it. I was expecting it to be $26.50 (including tax) and it was $31.50. It said Koodo charged me $5 for data usage, but I don't use data. I don't know where it came from; I don't use any data on my phone. What's going on? What can I do?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Smartphones can be allowed to auto-update or sync in the background, even if you're not using them. Check your settings menu for these items and disable them to stop the data charges in the future. You can look into getting a small data plan to get full functionality of your device, as it is useful to have. If you're trying to keep costs down and are paranoid about this happening again, you can request a data block from Koodo to stop transmission entirely, but there's a stipulation: picture messages will no longer work because they require access to the data network (but you will not be charged for this if your plan includes unlimited text/MMS).
Userlevel 6
There might also be other malicious Apps in the background. Try "Notification History" from the Google Play Store to see if that's the case--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evanhe.nhfree