Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Mysterious Credits

Userlevel 1
2 weeks ago I "ported" my number from TELUS to Koodo and the second I ported my number, my TELUS account was credited for $23.xx. Now my Koodo account shows a payment of $59.xx dated June 2 which I didn't make and there's no charge on my credit card. What do you guys think, did I screw up TELUS' system and got "free money" again or did someone pay the wrong account? :)) Note: I know you can't see my account and that I need to call or email Koodo.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
😮 That's awesome! no one will know what happened but my best advice is don't tell koodo and keep the credits 😉
Userlevel 1
Daniel Kim wrote:

:O That's awesome! no one will know what happened but my best advice is don't tell koodo and keep...

They can't take any of the credits away unless they're sure that this payment was made mistakenly by another person and in that case, the person will realize it and open a dispute with their bank anyway.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

:O That's awesome! no one will know what happened but my best advice is don't tell koodo and keep...

Oh I didn't know that. I thought they could just take back the credits even if it was their mistake. Thank you Koodo Customer 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Since you are always billed 1 month in advance, most likely those credits are for those days you did not use your Telus phone... So in the moment your Telus account is cancelled, the system gives credits for those days you paid in advance... About that payment, If someone paid the wrong account, most likely that person will call Koodo to inform about that and after a billing investigation they will find out that the wrong account was paid, the payment will be reversed and your account will be on a past due then... So if you had a bill to pay, I will suggest you to make the payment you were supposed to do... Good luck...
Userlevel 1
Camilo_A wrote:

Since you are always billed 1 month in advance, most likely those credits are for those days you ...

Yes, that's why my TELUS account was credited but even TELUS reps didn't know that when I asked them, so it must be something new. Clients had to ask TELUS to refund that amount in the past. I realized the reason a few days later when I calculated how much credit I should be asking for the remaining days. I still have 10 days until my Koodo bill is actually due, we'll see what happens in 10 days.
Userlevel 1
So I sent an email to Koodo about this payment, they said they can't do anything about it unless the sender claims the money back.. I hope it'll be gone before my due date because the system won't allow me to pay that amount with a credit card.