Koodo Community
Solved

my plan says unlimited text (text and picture) but

i'm confused..my plan says unlimited text (text and picture) but i sent 6 pictures and was charged..so picture texts are NOT included? I just upgraded my plan to the 200min talk and unlimited text.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are the charges for picture messaging or for data use?
Dennis wrote:

It would be for data usage, because there are no charges for picture messaging.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

That data usage would be due to apps updating in the background when your data was enabled. Data use for picture messaging is included. To prevent unwanted data leakage from being charged I would make sure I had a strong wifi connection when enabling data to ensure all apps are being updated via free wifi when sending and receiving pictures
i was billed for data, phone updated as soon as sim card went in, no big deal, but i was billed for 6 pictures as well. on bill it says picture messaging - pictures 6 and charges. its not a lot but if I'm going to be charged i want to know for future
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

i was billed for data, phone updated as soon as sim card went in, no big deal, but i was billed f...

If you were clearly billed for the pictures I would give Koodo a call (*611 on your Koodo cell) and have them correct this. Picture messaging is included on all recent Koodo plans while in Canada
Userlevel 3
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

i was billed for data, phone updated as soon as sim card went in, no big deal, but i was billed f...

Most likely was data and not for the MMS
i already turned data capability off, just wanted to know about the picture messaging charges as they are separate charges from the data.
Userlevel 3
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

i already turned data capability off, just wanted to know about the picture messaging charges as ...

Yes they are Picture messaging you won't be charged. But possible will get charged for data if you use it.
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

i already turned data capability off, just wanted to know about the picture messaging charges as ...

my bill clearly states that i was charged $11.30 for 22.109/MB of data - and i know that was the samsung update. It also states that i was charged $1.80 for picture messaging - that is the description of charges. Like i said not a huge deal to pay, however, I WAS charged for the only pictures I sent last month when I thought they were included.
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

If your plan is including unlimited texting and picture messaging you shouldnt be charge for a picture sent. What is your monthly plan?
Userlevel 3
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

The only way I could seeing you getting charged for picture messaging is if you're on a really old expired plan that didn't include unlimited MMS. So yes, what price plan are you on currently?
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

200min talk/ unlimited text - and my old plan included 50 text messages and I sent 35 messages last month..a heavy phone user I am not
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

the old plan were not including picture messaging. This is probably why on your last bill you were charge for the picture you sent. I believe you recently made a plan change to the new plans available
Userlevel 3
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

Ah ha! What happened was you were charged for MMS prior to changing your plan to unlimited sms/mms. So from when the price plan change was done you wouldn't get billed for it going forward. But you will still get charged for the pay per use charge from your previous plan.
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

idk..sent pictures on old phone with old plan and was never charged that's why I was confused about getting charged this time round..you know how it goes..new phone, "better" plan and now you get charged for things you never use to..I'll just call customer service if it happens again next month - thanks for all your help
Userlevel 3
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

I'd call this month just to get clarification. My 2 cents is you shouldn't pay something that you're not sure of. if you do call let us know what they say to shed some light 🙂
Userlevel 5
Dawn Nuhn wrote:

Or you can always call them now! If you believe that Koodo has made a mistake on your bill, you should contact them and let them reverse the charges. You can contact Koodo free by dialing *611 on your Koodo cell phone.