Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My husband bought my phone and so the account is in his name. How do I change the account to my name?

My husband bought my phone and so the account is in his name. The bill's are sent to my email address - how do I change the account to my name, rather than his? Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi N Roehl, Your husband will need to transfer the account to you (only he can do that), and it will cost a one time $25 🙂
Sophia wrote:

Hi N Roehl, Your husband will need to transfer the account to you (only he can do that), and i...

how can a person transfer the account?
Sophia wrote:

Hi N Roehl, Your husband will need to transfer the account to you (only he can do that), and i...

Why is there always a fee can you put both names on the account without the fee?

Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Hey Glennis! The fee is now $10.  The current account needs to be at least 90 days old and up to date with the payments.  Hope this helps!
Userlevel 6
Just curious.....why do you want to change ownership? You can still do pretty much everything (including paying the bill) he can as using the same login.
The phone is for his work and we can't claim it if its in my name it needs to be in his