Koodo Community
Solved

My brother wants to become a Koodo customer without buying a phone, the website won't let him....

Userlevel 1
Anyone have any suggestions ? I saw that Timo started an idea to help customers, but it didn't get implemented and I didn't want to resurrect an old post...

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You order a SIM Card and then when it comes you have to call customer service and sign up. It's m...

Postpaid customers should go through credit check. Prepaid customers do not need to go through it, if your credit status is good just buy Postpaid SIM and call Koodo to activate it, activation charges will be applied, if not Prepaid service will be good alternative.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You order a SIM Card and then when it comes you have to call customer service and sign up. It's m...

Dennis, is there a reseller nearby? WalMart, President's Choice, Best Buy, Future Shop, etc.?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I just tried it. I dont think you can. Yea that is not smart since Koodo promotes their Bring your own Device discount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That works. $5 shipping for a $10 SIM though
Userlevel 6

Paul is right, it's easy. Once you got the SIM jus call customer service, they will activate it for you. Yo have to call anyways to get the 10% off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You order a SIM Card and then when it comes you have to call customer service and sign up. It's much easier for him to just go to a kiosk and buy a SIM Card and do the credit check there and have them sign him up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Then ya just order the SIM Card and when it arrives at his house he just calls koodo and gets the credit check done and activates the SIM Card /Account over the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Feel free to resurrect and vote for an old idea post as well, provided it isn't already marked as not planned.
Userlevel 1

He lives at 1h30 from a koodo kiosk 😞