Koodo Community
Question

My bill is extremely high, I need help.

• 21 September 2020
  • 11 replies

My daughter and I have an account together, two phones under her name. She had left koodo for someone else, so it’s just me now. I had paid our bill ($101.99 was our total for 2 phones) about a week before she switched. Now, she’s allowed to get a new phone once a year, but in order to get one, she had to switch companies. Technically, the year wasn’t up, it would have been in about a week or so, but she still got to switch anyways. 

Now, I just got this months bill, it included her old phone (which I knew was going to be on there, so I didn’t expect it to be higher than the $101.99, but it’s over $156. How can I get this reduced or back to the $101.99 that I originally paid each month? 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Kalibrooks, did you download your invoice to see what the extra charges were for? Since your daughter left Koodo, chances are that the additional $50-ish was the remainder of her Tab… but you can check this easily yourself in self serve.

If you are in doubt if the amount is correct, post a screenshot of the charges here (without personal information) and we’ll help you understand the charges!

Userlevel 7

Check your bill and see the itemized details. Is the extra amount associated with final tab payment due to your daughter’s transfer, before the end of the tab period, to another mobile provider?  Has the 2nd line, that was used by your daughter, been removed from the account? If your daughter’s line is no longer on the account, the monthly payment should be cut in half.

This is my bill. It doesn’t really tell me what the extra money is for. Previously she paid $35 plus taxes and such, but that’s no where near this much.

Kalibrooks, did you download your invoice to see what the extra charges were for? Since your daughter left Koodo, chances are that the additional $50-ish was the remainder of her Tab… but you can check this easily yourself in self serve.

If you are in doubt if the amount is correct, post a screenshot of the charges here (without personal information) and we’ll help you understand the charges!

I posted the bill above, it doesn’t say what the extra charges are for, just that they’re there.

Check your bill and see the itemized details. Is the extra amount associated with final tab payment due to your daughter’s transfer, before the end of the tab period, to another mobile provider?  Has the 2nd line, that was used by your daughter, been removed from the account? If your daughter’s line is no longer on the account, the monthly payment should be cut in half.

It only says that my account is there, but when looking at the bill, she is charged as well.

Userlevel 7

The bill states that the total tab debit (for both tabs) is $105.48. You stated that your previous payment was $101.99. If the bill include a repayment of one tab debt (HALF the tab debt) ($105.48/2=$52.74) Your new bill should be

$101.99+$52.74= $154.73 which is close to the amount you were asked to pay.

Note that the above noted additional $52.74 is a one time addition to cover half of the tab debt.

The bill states that the total tab debit (for both tabs) is $105.48. You stated that your previous payment was $101.99. If the bill include a repayment of one tab debt (HALF the tab debt) ($105.48/2=$52.74) Your new bill should be

$101.99+$52.74= $154.73 which is close to the amount you were asked to pay.

Note that the above noted additional $52.74 is a one time addition to cover half of the tab debt.

Oh, this makes sense than. Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7

The good news is that your monthly payment from now until the end of your remaining tab period will be $101.99/2= $51/month

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Kalibrooks27 Based on what you posted here the $105.48 was the outstanding tab amount owed on your daughter’s phone when she ported out/left for another provider.  That is the total amount it cannot be divided by 2 for the two lines.  You have a similar amount on your line as well.  I hope this clarifies. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The good news is that your monthly payment from now until the end of your remaining tab period will be $101.99/2= $51/month

Not necessarily.  It all depends on OP's plan price and Tab (if s/he has one)

Your calculation apply only if they both had exact same plan and tab.

Userlevel 7

Correct. That was my assumption.