Koodo Community

Community

Solved

My balance and a new purchase

I was told a one of your counters, that i could contact the customer them about my soon to be new purchase of the Samsung galaxy 4 that they would wave off my remaining balance. ??? Would that be true, ive got about less than 50 $

13 replies

Userlevel 1
No one can answer your question, because this is a Public Forum where gneral questions are asked, I advice you to call Koodo customer service.
Userlevel 7
That is not true. You can still upgrade to the S4 at anytime, it will just cost you $50 more. No big deal.
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

That is not true. You can still upgrade to the S4 at anytime, it will just cost you $50 more. No ...

She was asking specific question: if Koodo can waive that exsting negative $50 balance. but yes she can trade her old phone for $50 may be.
Ok, but he said they would remove the owing amount... so i wouldnt pay the extra 50 $
Userlevel 4
Evanie Lavertu wrote:

Ok, but he said they would remove the owing amount... so i wouldnt pay the extra 50 $

Unfortunately the stores do not have the authorization to tell customer service to do anything. BUT, generally, agents have no issues waiving remaining tabs that have an owed amount of 50 or less. Just give Koodo a call and ask them. You are staying with the company, upgrading your phone. Personally, I see no issues 🙂
Userlevel 1
Evanie Lavertu wrote:

The owing amoung on your balance cannot be waived on this community Evanie, this billing question that can be answered directly by Koodo customer service.
Userlevel 4
Evanie Lavertu wrote:

MatB, her original question was to verify if what she was told is true, not for the community to actually waive the fee.
Userlevel 1
Evanie Lavertu wrote:

How do I know if I'm not an official Koodo employee my dear Tyler?
Userlevel 4
Evanie Lavertu wrote:

Read the question OR make a suggestion. You did suggest to call Koodo, which would be the end result for obvious reasons. I have seen you do this many times and they were excellent suggestions. You have been here long enough to get an idea how Koodo employees help the customers 😃
Userlevel 1
Evanie Lavertu wrote:

Thank you for your feedback Tyler, appreciated, I still assume that her Tab waiving question should only be answered by an official Koodo rep that works for Koodo.
Userlevel 4
Evanie Lavertu wrote:

Excellent point. Luckily, one of us was here hahaha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Evanie Lavertu wrote:

As Tyler indicated it's a grey area. The official koodo line, though, is that the tab cannot be waived simply so you can upgrade your phone for a bit less, there would actually need to be something wrong with your current phone.
Evanie Lavertu wrote:

Thanks alot everyone.