Koodo Community

Community

More Concise Plan Switching Page in self serve

Put the minutes your plans include under the menu that customers see when using the self serve online to switch plans. I was under the impression that my plan was unlimited minutes as it did not list any minutes on the plans page...not the case and now getting screwed.

19 replies

That rate plan is no longer available. But the rate plans do show how many minutes they include on the plans page.
Userlevel 7
Your airtime usage shows how many minutes your plan includes.
Userlevel 7
The same self serve where you got that info has a useage chart that shows your available minutes. Also koodo has an app for Android, Bbb, and iPhone that shows that info.

However this does mean a person needs to switch between several pages when deciding what plan is best for them, my suggestion would make it much easier and clearly spell out what the plan gives the customer.
Jonathan Winterburn wrote:

However this does mean a person needs to switch between several pages when deciding what plan is ...

The plans page does show what minutes/features come with a specific plan.

However this does mean a person needs to switch between several pages when deciding what plan is ...

Thanks but that isn't making the page I was taking about any more clear...

But that information is already listed. It's kind of redundant to post the same information over and over again. If you need to double check on the amount of minutes, just refer back to the rate plan page.

Exactly what I asked to avoid 😉 Is it too hard to add one more line to the page of features for the plans? It's a pain to navigate to all the pages on a phone and this is one thing that would ease the navigation. If you don't like that too bad, it's my suggestion!

Most popular browsers now include a tabbed system. Is it really that difficult to open another tab to do the rate plan change while having the rate plan page opened at the same time? I doubt it's just as simple as you're making it out to be. Yea, it is your suggestion but the information is already listed. It doesn't make sense to have the airtime minutes posted when doing a rate plan change when you can see on the rate plan page. Plus adding the minutes onto the rate plan page might make the customers think they will get that amount of minutes from that day forward which would end up causing customers to call in, fustrated because the rate plan change page told them "100 minutes" when in fact the minutes would be prorated.

Cat are you an under cover koodo employee? Changing one line of text too hard to include what is actually included with a plan? Maybe I'm too lazy or don't like tabbed browsers but having a "spec sheet" with everything laid out in one page would be handy. I guess you enjoy leap frogging from page to page
Userlevel 5

Holy shit. It doesn't kill millions to open a new page and check your airtime summary/usage to see how many minutes are included in your plan. Also, why wouldn't you not know how many minutes are in the plan anyways? I'm pretty sure most customers know what they are getting in terms of service. It won't kill Koodo to add another line in their website as well, but that will mean taking the website down, fixing it, etc etc. If it isn't causing any problems and no one really cares (except for you) then it's a waste of time. Koodo is probably focused on future plans and other work such as Customer Service calls, technical calls, stocks, etc. All the people here are not 'under cover Koodo employees' unless they state that they are an employee of Koodo. There are some people here who work in shops that sell Koodo phones and other carrier phones but not directly Koodo employees.
Userlevel 7

Actually, as soon as you log into self-serve, right on the first page you can see how many minutes are included in your plan. It's just a number, it shouldn't be too difficult to remember.

The page I'm referencing is where you decide what plan you might wasn't to change too that lists all the features except call time.

*want
Userlevel 7

Hey Jonathan, I guess you'd need to know what's on your current plan after that you could just goto the Plans https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html page and compare. You'd have to make your decision before you get to the page.

Yes indeed you would (more so with plans no longer offered), for all the current plans that would work just fine. I don't see the resistance to adding one line of text to the services page however. It's like a car spec sheet missing the horsepower output 🙂 Thanks for the link.
Userlevel 5
I don't think this "idea" is important and Koodo shouldn't waste their time attempting to do this.
John Lee wrote:

I don't think this "idea" is important and Koodo shouldn't waste their time attempting to do this.

Good for you home slice! 🙂
Userlevel 5
John Lee wrote:

Thank you very much. I think most of the majority will agree with me as well.