Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Mobile Hotspot unavailable - regulations in this country prohibit mobile hotspot useage

Have created hot spots before in toronto - now I'm getting the above message - what's going on? I'll need my hotspot for an upcoming show.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Where were you trying to do this? You should be able to set up a hotspot anywhere in Canada with your phone.

I'm in Downtown Toronto! is there some place on your phone that you can check you locations settings.
Ok - that was weird - I checked my phone settings it said WIFI Off, I turned WIFI on  then did the mobile hotspot, it said I had to turn off WIFI and when I clicked continue, the hotspot was created. Thanks for the help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Janissaire wrote:

Ok - that was weird - I checked my phone settings it said WIFI Off, I turned WIFI on  then d...

Great!

If I recall, you can't create a hotspot while connected to Wi-Fi, or if the Wi=Fi radio is off. I guess the designers figure if you are connected to Wi-Fi, you don't need to create a hotspot, just use what is available to you.

You can also 'forget' the local Wi-Fi connection if you need to create a hotspot in a location where you have previously connected to Wi-Fi.