Koodo Community

Community

Solved

missing/slow notification of monthly bill

why does it take Koodo almost a week to issue monthly e-bills? my monthly anniversary date is the 14th. it is now the 18th, no text message, no email with bill and the bill is not available on the Koodo website.

17 replies

Userlevel 3
That's because your bill is still generating. Relax, once your bill is ready for viewing you will receive your text and e-mail notification. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You're better off calling in for any billing issues, as we can only speculate without knowing your account information. Please call 611 from your Koodo phone, or:

Userlevel 7
Maybe because your bill will now post for next cycle. You should be able to see it on Self Serve regardless of notifications, but if it's not showing up and the notifications are going to help you remember to pay it, then you should call customer service and make sure that they're going through. Maybe it needs to be pushed through again.
If his bill isn't showing on Self Serve yet, it's because it's not generated yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My billing cycle is also on the 14th and I have not received anything yet. It has only been a couple of business days, so I am sure the bill is still be tabulated. I would expect the ebill to be ready by the end of the week. Just be patient. It usually takes a few days for the ebill to be ready
Jonathan, i agree. it should be available on Self Serve. it is not. Rocky Balboa, why does it take Koodo several days to generate a bill. the system provides near-instant information on usage. the slowness, and some months failure, to issue a notice of the monthly bill has been recurring since last fall. Rocky Balboa, you commented on another thread that everyone should know they have a bill every month and just pay it is a waste of time on this forum. automatic billing is great for a company, not for a customer. BUSINESSES everywhere that involve potential usage charges provide notice when a bill is now due and provide a due date. failure to issue such notice is a failure to conduct business appropriately. i have lots of bills each month, and don't always notice when i have not received a billing notice. it is a rare mis-step for Koodo. clearly something is wrong in the billing department at Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter Stewart wrote:

Jonathan, i agree. it should be available on Self Serve. it is not. Rocky Balboa, why does it...

Looking at the past email notifications (minus this past Oct & Nov where Koodo glitched on sending these emails) the email notification for your ebill should not take longer than a week after the billing cycle ends https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/koodo-en/attachment/1_inline.bmp
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

My billing cycle is also on the 14th and I have not received anything yet. It has only been a co...

And I have jusrt received my ebill on the 20th just like last month
Userlevel 4
Peter Stewart wrote:

Jonathan, i agree. it should be available on Self Serve. it is not. Rocky Balboa, why does it...

The bill is processed on the bill date of each month. If the bill is processed on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, the bill is available usually the Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. That's how it has always been with Koodo. Given the 14th was a Friday, I can see why there is a delay. On average, the bill is generated up to 3 business days of the bill date. Clearly, there is nothing wrong with the billing department. Just because you feel something is wrong, doesn't mean it is.
i would relax if this hadn't happened all/most months since last fall. i have contacted customer service previously and they have reversed charges when they learned i had not received any notification. does generating an e-bill take a week? why? if i paid $2 to receive the monthly bill as paper, would i receive this before the due date?
Userlevel 3
Peter Stewart wrote:

i would relax if this hadn't happened all/most months since last fall. i have contacted customer ...

Depends on Canada Post.
Userlevel 3
Peter Stewart wrote:

i would relax if this hadn't happened all/most months since last fall. i have contacted customer ...

And to add I'm not sure what my post on a previous thread has anything to do with this thread and you not receiving your notifications unless you can clarify?
Peter Stewart wrote:

copied from different thread Caroline Lehoux 4 months ago why I didnt received my bill before my due date? Robert replied 4 months ago Happened to me too. If interests have been added you can give them a call and they'll credit it. That's what the rep told me! comment good answer! Rocky Balboa replied 4 months ago Reps aren't supposed to credit late payment fees. Like any bill they have a due date for a reason. Doesn't matter if its a cable bill,hydro bill,Water bill etc. Do they send you notifications when your bill is due?Do they charge you late payment fees if you were late?would they waive it?Absolutely NOT! There's no justification why any rep should credit late payment fees unless the subscriber had issues making payment. do you see a connection between these threads and my comments?
Peter Stewart wrote:

Patrick, it ALWAYS takes up to 5 business days for a bill to be generated after the end of your billing cycle.
Userlevel 3
Peter Stewart wrote:

None what so ever because the bill is not yet due. It's fairly clear you're looking for a different answer as to what's been previously posted. So let me ask how is this affecting you? Regardless, the bill is generally available for viewing 5-7 days from the invoice date depending.......So I say again you will receive your e-mail and text notification once your bill is ready for viewing. If so ancy do you see anything extra from the last month as for what the last bill was?
Userlevel 5
Peter Stewart wrote:

To answer your question about the paper bill... If your bill still isnt generated today, that means it's not printed/mailed yet. So say it prints tomorrow, and takes 5 business days to get to you, you would likely receive it around next Wednesday meaning you have to wait almost 2 weeks for your bill. In your case that would leave you probably around 10-14 days before the bill is due to pay it. You also never know what the mail conditions are going to be (holidays, weather, etc) that could involve the bill being lost in the mail. You get your bill faster and more reliably with ebill, and as stated many times don't worry unless a week has gone by and your bill isn't posted. Notification or not.
Userlevel 7
Peter, regardless of any type of notifications, it is and will ALWAYS be your responsibility to check your bill and pay it on-time. E-bills take time to generate. That is how the system was made and how it works. It is also an industry wide standard. The notifications of your e-bill being ready is nothing more than a courtesy to help remind you.