Koodo Community

Make CS reps aware of the 10% BYOD discount...

Userlevel 2
Hit the +$150 tab balance, so I finally got around to calling in and having the 10% BYOD discount applied to my account... What should have been a seemingly simple task took a total of 43 mins and still isn't complete. The rep had absolutely no idea about the discount and I was placed on hold 3 times while he figured it out. First he said it didn't exist at all. Then he said it was only for new customers. Finally he comes back and says I'm eligible but I have to go to a Koodo store to have it applied as only the store systems have access to apply this discount and he can't do it himself. Does this make sense? Why do I have to go into a store? Why wouldn't a rep be able to do this over the phone? Shouldn't a CS rep have access to this? Super annoying. I mean, 43 mins is a pretty decent amount of time to waste. If the CS rep was informed and aware of this discount then the call would have only taken a few mins, as it should.

24 replies

Userlevel 2
Follow up: Called back, the agent I got knew about the discount and applied it right away. Took maybe 2 mins. Shame not all the CSR's are up to date with this, you'd think Koodo would make it a priority considering it's being promoted on the main site.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They have been letting them know so I'm wondering if the turnaround rate of ppl getting hired then quiting and then having to hire another new person is extremely high with Koodo's call center. I mean it must be pretty high with every provider because putting up with ppl who can't understand simple things with how a cell phone works including billing and having to explain the same things over and over must be aggregating to the point of madness at times lol. This would also explain why you had a really hard time with the first person you talked to and then you called back and they knew right away about the discount and applied it for you instantly. Like I said they have pushed the info out there a couple times when it first became available but it is something they will need to drill out there more often if the turnaround rate is as high as I'm sure it is.
I've also had problems getting this discount. I brought my own device when I signed up in November. January this BYOD 10% off becomes active. I phone in to get it applied, the CSR puts it on my account. It shows SIM only discount on my online plan add ons. February bill - no discount, no tab credit. CSR has to manually give me credit, says next month it should work. March bill - no discount, no tab credit. again same thing, I have to phone, and they say next month it should work. I appreciate them correcting stuff manually, but it would be really nice if my bill was correct automatically. I suspect in April I'll have to phone in again. I think their billing system does not recognize the 10%BYOD, must be a programming issue. In follow up, on redflagdeals.com forum, several other users are not getting correct billing in regards to this discount
I've also had problems getting this discount. I brought my own device when I signed up in Novemb...Update, my April bill still does NOT show a 10% BYOD discount. And in case anyone is wondering, no contribution to my tab which it should be because that is the deal when you get the discount. I'm going to have to phone in again, and suspect they will tell me for the 3rd month in a row, and will be told that it should work next month.. sigh... I appreciate the discount which is great, but irritated with having to phone in monthly for something that should be automatic. I think there is a problem in the billing system. My account according to CS reps and on my web self serve says "SIM only discount" under the add ons section..
Userlevel 4
I've also had problems getting this discount. I brought my own device when I signed up in Novemb...Make sure they apply a credit for the months that it was supposed to be there. It is completely legitimate for those credits.
I've also had problems getting this discount. I brought my own device when I signed up in Novemb...Latest Update (May) I got a call from Ashley (Koodo) who said she fixed the 10% discount issue on my account after seeing my posts here and it won't be a problem anymore. Got my May bill and everything is all good now. Thanks Ashley and Koodo for the followup!
Userlevel 4
I've also had problems getting this discount. I brought my own device when I signed up in Novemb...Amazing! That is why I LOVE working for this company.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've also had problems getting this discount. I brought my own device when I signed up in Novemb...Ashley is an amazing woman, always extremely helpful & we all love her very much 😉
Userlevel 4
I've also had problems getting this discount. I brought my own device when I signed up in Novemb......you want more swag....don't you.... 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Guys, I will look into this. Reps are well aware of this discount and from the sounds of it most are but all of them should be! As far as the discount being applied on the second invoice, I have to check to see if there is technical reason for this. But as you pointed it out, if nothing else, the info needs to be updated on the web if indeed that is what supposed to happen. Thanks for the feedback folks!
Userlevel 2
Guys, I will look into this. Reps are well aware of this discount and from the sounds of it most ...I was told by the second rep, the one who applied the discount, that I would notice it on my next bill (April 27), which is the next possible bill date, not the second. Will be interested to see if this is the case.
Userlevel 1
Guys, I will look into this. Reps are well aware of this discount and from the sounds of it most ...I heard there was an issue about this discount, even if it was applied since day 1 of the activation. Seems like they still haven't worked out the bugs
Userlevel 4
Guys, I will look into this. Reps are well aware of this discount and from the sounds of it most ...I've had a few calls about the discount not being applied. Generally what I would do for the customers is to make sure the SIM only discount is active then provide a credit for the period it SHOULD have covered. Not too sure exactly what the issue is with the coding for that discount....
Userlevel 6
Guys, I will look into this. Reps are well aware of this discount and from the sounds of it most ...Maybe you can tell us Tyler, are we supposed to get the discount on the first invoice or only on the second bill forward? Some people said reps are saying second month.
Userlevel 4
Guys, I will look into this. Reps are well aware of this discount and from the sounds of it most ...From what I understand, the discount should be applied day one of activation. That is the way the promo is supposed to work. The coding of the promo is the problem, I think. I didn't design the code for the promo lol. When I had a few calls about this issue last week, it was advised to me that we can provide a credit for the time that it was not on the account, assuming the customer has met all requirements at the time the discount was applied. I don't want to put down fellow agents but honestly, a credit for a couple bucks is small potatoes compared to customers who would be willing to leave Koodo for not getting what was promised. It sounds like the people that were told the second bill were told that to avoid a credit being given. So, Chris, the answer is YES. You are supposed to be getting that discount as soon as the discount is added/service is activated. I did a small calculation and even on the $60 plan, the credit should be no more than $10 given proration for the first week or less plus the month in advance. I don't even argue a credit like that. It's completely justified.
Userlevel 6
Guys, I will look into this. Reps are well aware of this discount and from the sounds of it most ...You need to be promoted my friend....you sound like you know what you are doing. Good on you! If I ever have to call in I want to talk to you. Mind you all my questions are answered here so I will like never call.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Guys, I will look into this. Reps are well aware of this discount and from the sounds of it most ...Jeffery I'm looking for clarification on this. Did you ever get an official answer as to when the discount applies?
Does the 10% sim only discount only apply to new customers? I became a Koodo customer a couple of years ago by bringing an unlocked device. I don't see a 10% discount on my latest bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does the 10% sim only discount only apply to new customers? I became a Koodo customer a couple ...Hi alegacy, You need to call in to get the discount. You'll need to have a positive or neutral Tab (which obviously you would have if you never even used it), and from then on your Tab will be frozen to that amount 🙂
Userlevel 6
Does the 10% sim only discount only apply to new customers? I became a Koodo customer a couple ...You wouldn't have automatically got this. First, they only started to offer the discount as of this year. Second, you will have to make a conscious decision what you want. The 10% off or collect tab. That's why they don't just give it out without you making the call.
Userlevel 5
The part where the first customer service told you, you can go to a koodo shop to get your 10% discount is a lie. There is no option under you customer info to add that in, but nonetheless if you go to a kiosk, they can call into channel support (its like customer service but for employees) to get it in.
Userlevel 4
The part where the first customer service told you, you can go to a koodo shop to get your 10% di...The first sentence confused me, slightly. Are you referring to this? "Finally he comes back and says I'm eligible but I have to go to a Koodo store to have it applied as only the store systems have access to apply this discount and he can't do it himself."
Userlevel 5
The part where the first customer service told you, you can go to a koodo shop to get your 10% di...yeah, sorry if it confuses you
Userlevel 4
The part where the first customer service told you, you can go to a koodo shop to get your 10% di...It's all good now. I was just making sure. 🙂