Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Looking for suggestions on how to get around the length of time it takes to get my bill?

I have an issue with Koodo's billing. I am required to submit my cell phone bill on my invoice to have expenses reimbursed. I have to submit my invoices on the first and 16th of the month. According to the self server my billing for June was scheduled to have my PAD taken out on the 12th of June (payment actually came out on the 11th which is another issue). I was not able to print out the current invoice from self serve until June 22nd. It took 11 days from when payment was made until I was able to see the final bill. I have called to see if it was possible to have my billing date moved earlier in the month so that I would be able to print out the invoice in time for my invoice on the 16th but was told that was not possible. Why does it take so long until we can see our bill? Is there any way to receive this earlier than it currently takes? Why can we not see a copy of the bill that we are paying? I shouldn't have to wait until after I have paid to see the details of what I am paying for (my bills are almost always the same dollar amount). Its frustrating having this major delay from when we can see our bill. Any suggestions on ways to get around this? Koodo has already told me they can't move my billing date forward. That looks to be the easiest way to do this though...

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When your billing cycle ends, usually the ebill is ready about 3-4 days later. The Pre-Authorized payment gets taken about 15 days after the billing cycle ends. The payment is always taken out after you get your ebill. You could be confusing the pre-auth payment from your previous ebill and assuming it is for the ebill that you have not received yet
Dennis wrote:

When your billing cycle ends, usually the ebill is ready about 3-4 days later. The Pre-Authorize...

Thanks for the reply Dennis. This was not what I was told by Koodo though. Here is the email blurb I was sent. "In regards to the situation with the payment deductions, the preauthorized payment option can take the money 15 days before the due day. This is because our customers have told us that when payment is withdrawn on the final day of the billing cycle, they are not given an opportunity to remedy before the cycle closes. Leading to unnecessary fees, possible interruptions in service, or negative impacts to credit rating." So it appears the PAD is taken our prior to the current bill. I could care less really when the money is being taken out, I just want to be able to print out some form of my bill in time to submit for expenses. Let me rephrase the question. My actual billing day was the 17th of June. I was not able to print out my bill from the self serve until the 22nd. I need to be able to print this out around a week earlier or get some form of it as of when I was paid so that I can include on my expense report. Does anyone know how I might be able to do so? According to Koodo I can't have my billing date moved forward a week, and it takes almost 5 days past my actual billing date for them to post the bill online to print out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

When your billing cycle ends, usually the ebill is ready about 3-4 days later. The Pre-Authorize...

Ah I see the miscommunication. Yes they can take 15 days before the DUE DATE Which is about 15 days after the Billing Cycle Ends Note that Bill Due Date and Billing Cycle End Date are different things 1. Billing Cycle Ends 2. About 3 days after Step 1, an eBill is generated and available 3. About 10-15 days after Step 1, a pre-auth is withdrawn 4. About 25 days after Step 1 is the Due Date for the eBill This is what happens for me: 1. June 14 2. June 17 3. June 29 4. July 9
Dennis wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. Timing on billing aside I still have no way of getting my bill earlier from Koodo then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Unfortunately not. Your expenses for your phone might just have to be delayed by 2 weeks. I mean My pay check comes 1.5 weeks after I completed the 2 week work period. Accountants are use to that
Dennis wrote:

It wasn't an accounting thing, more logistics and preference from my company. Personally it doesn't bother me needing to wait a couple weeks to get paid back but the company thinks otherwise.. Thanks anyway for your help.