Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Long distance rate without add-on?

I have searched far and wide but no where on the site does it tell you what the long distance rate is if you called someone, or received a call, without add-ons. (I am asking because I have *already* called someone on LD, with no add on.) Specifically i want to know what the rate is for calls to or from India. I have a monthly plan. So pleaase answer all of these... 1. rate for call to India 2. rate for call from India 3. Will #1 and #2 count use up my regular minutes as well? Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Joy, India is in zone 2, which means calling FROM India is $2.50 per minute. data is $10 per MB (!) and texts 60 cents to send and receive. See: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling Calling TO India from Canada is 5 cents per minute WITH the LD saver ($2 per month) Not entirely sure what it would cost without the LD saver, but I'd imagine $1 at least... See http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/long-distance
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And answer for #3 🙂 If you make /receive a call outside of your unlimited airtime( evenings/weekends), you will be using your regular minutes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Calling to international numbers (ones which require you to dial 011 plus a country code) is blocked by default on postpaid accounts and should not even be possible without adding the $2 international dialing and long distance saver add on. Incoming calls do not get charged long distance and will only use standard airtime.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Calling to international numbers (ones which require you to dial 011 plus a country code) is bloc...

Ah... I see. I suppose I might've gotten it mixed up then. That would mean that there is no LD charge on my account. Another question, for LD charges, does it get reflected on my bill online, live, or do i need to wait till end of billing cycle to really know? Thanks!
Hi guys sorry for not making it clearer, but my main questions is really this: if I receive a call from India on my phone, what rate do I get charged? (as opposed to if I was to make a call FROM india) Some people I've talked to seems to think if i receive it i won't get charged, but i don't believe it's my experience.
Userlevel 1
Idiom wrote:

Hi guys sorry for not making it clearer, but my main questions is really this: if I receive a cal...

As long as you are in Canada, you get charged nothing for incoming international calls. All you lose is some of your plan minutes (unless the call originates during an unlimited calling time of course). They are the ones calling long distance to you, you are simply taking their call. The long distance cost burden is on the caller, not the callee (yes that is a word according to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary).
The backstory: my roomie borrowed my phone to receive a call from someone in India. But I'm not 100% sure he didn't call them, as he was in a rush to get things done. So yeah... what rate to receive a call from India?
Userlevel 6
Idiom wrote:

The backstory: my roomie borrowed my phone to receive a call from someone in India. But I'm not 1...

As the other have said before, there is no different rate for incoming calls whether they are from Canada or anywhere else in the world. As long you have unlimited incoming calls, or the call took place in your evening and weekend time period you will not see a charge. If the call came in and you already burnt through your minutes in your plan for the month then overage will apply.
Idiom wrote:

The backstory: my roomie borrowed my phone to receive a call from someone in India. But I'm not 1...

OK, thanks
Thanks to everyone for the help!