Koodo Community
Solved

Long distance charges with unlimited minutes plan

• 9 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi I have unlimited Canada wide minutes on my phone plan but I am being charged for calls within canada.  How do I get this fixed?

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 9 August 2020, 18:02

Did you change your plan recently?

Did you check your Ebill?

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you change your plan recently?

Did you check your Ebill?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you sure those calls are to canadian numbers too? Might be a an american number? 

Userlevel 1

KOODO is a Joke! and frankly I am just about done with Koodo. It may be cheaper in the short term but when you get your caught on a monthly basis like this, it is not cheaper. KOODO SUPPORT IS AWFUL!! YOU CAN”T REACH A HUMAN UNLESS YOU REFUSE TO PAY YOUR BILL!

My situation is different, but I have no where else to bitch! I just got dinged for about $50 of long distance charges because I called the Quicken Canada! support line 6 times. I had no idea the number was in Palo Alto. The most infuriating part is, 4 of those calls only resulted in sitting on hold before I hung up! 

Sorry… the B.S. message….”long Distance charges may apply” doesn’t cut it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

KOODO is a Joke! and frankly I am just about done with Koodo. It may be cheaper in the short term but when you get your caught on a monthly basis like this, it is not cheaper. KOODO SUPPORT IS AWFUL!! YOU CAN”T REACH A HUMAN UNLESS YOU REFUSE TO PAY YOUR BILL!

My situation is different, but I have no where else to bitch! I just got dinged for about $50 of long distance charges because I called the Quicken Canada! support line 6 times. I had no idea the number was in Palo Alto. The most infuriating part is, 4 of those calls only resulted in sitting on hold before I hung up! 

Sorry… the B.S. message….”long Distance charges may apply” doesn’t cut it.

To be fair, you would have been charged regardless of the wireless provider or landline you would have used.  I mean You called California.  Are you surprised about being charged long distance for calling California?

Userlevel 6

I am totally baffled how you think this is Koodo’s fault? You phoned a long distance number and were warned long distance charges may apply. What else were they suppose to do? If you are upset then maybe you should be talking to Quicken Canada about their advertised toll free number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am totally baffled how you think this is Koodo’s fault? You phoned a long distance number and were warned long distance charges may apply. What else were they suppose to do? If you are upset then maybe you should be talking to Quicken Canada about their advertised toll free number. 

I bet you Quicken never called it toll-free

Userlevel 6

I bet you Quicken never called it toll-free

Yes you are probably correct about that.

Userlevel 1

In retrospect, I have to concede….you are correct. I cannot blame Koodo for my stupidity. I guess because we no longer have to dial ‘1’ or ‘0’ to make long distance calls it is easy to overlook that a call is long distance. It is, however, difficult to determine at a glance whether a number is in Canada or U.S., and that is the problem. 

I do think it is reasonable to suggest that a call to a number that is not covered in my Canada Wide Calling plan (i.e. a call to the U.S.) should be flagged before the connection is made.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In retrospect, I have to concede….you are correct. I cannot blame Koodo for my stupidity. I guess because we no longer have to dial ‘1’ or ‘0’ to make long distance calls it is easy to overlook that a call is long distance. It is, however, difficult to determine at a glance whether a number is in Canada or U.S., and that is the problem. 

I do think it is reasonable to suggest that a call to a number that is not covered in my Canada Wide Calling plan (i.e. a call to the U.S.) should be flagged before the connection is made.

I believe that you do need to dial 1 in order to call the US