Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Long distance charges for people calling you

I currently have Telus pay as you go. When I am visiting a city outside of my local area, and someone in that city calls me, they are not charged long distance. Suppose I get a Koodo prepaid plan with a Canada-wide talk booster. (1) If I am visiting a city outside of my local area, and someone in that city calls me, will they be charged long distance? (2) If I am visiting a city outside of my local area, and someone in my local area calls me, will they be charged long distance? Sorry if this has been answered 100 times, all I could find is info about how much and when my cell phone wil be charged for long distance.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1 If they don't have Canada wide calling thry will be charged LD as it will be a long distance # 2 No they will be calling a local # and so they will not be charged long distance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Ndola, 1. Nope 🙂 People calling you will ALWAYS be charged according to THEIR plan, not yours! 2. Probably, yes. Same reason: people calling you will ALWAYS be charged according to THEIR plan, not yours... so if they are not enjoying the awesomeness of Canada wide calling that Koodo offers, they will probably be charged LD. Welcome to Koodo! 🙂
Paul and Sophia, thanks. You have given me all the answers. (1) Paul: yes Sophia: no. (2) Paul: no Sophia yes. Now I know the correct answer to both of my questions is either "yes" or "no", but I'm not sure which one of those is correct. 😞 Having said that, I am suspicious that Sophia mis-read my question. I realize that the caller is the one who pays long distance charges if there are LD charges applicable. In either case, my question was not about anyone's long distance plans, it was about whether Koodo's network will recognize a call which is actually (when the call was made) in a local area as being a local call, if the callee has a number which is "normally" in another area. Cheers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ndola Mmba wrote:

Paul and Sophia, thanks. You have given me all the answers. (1) Paul: yes Sophia: no. (...

Haha, yes, it's quite true, Paul's got it correct 🙂 Sorry for the confusion!