Koodo Community

Local airtime charges on Unlimited Plan for Voicemails?

• 31 December 2018
  • 12 replies

Hello
I know I have to call in for billing issues but am curious how it's even possible for someone to be charged 50 cents per minute as Local airtime charges when on plan with unlimited nationwide min and with all calls going to voicemail? This caller created $15 by harass calling and letting voicemail go every time, it's from a landline in Ontario too. It's almost like a collect call except one that I didn't know I was being billed for, and never actually had the chance to take in the first place since always called me when working. Don't really want this to happen again and seems really odd (customer since 2012). How is this even possible?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Badge +4
That shouldn't happen as incoming calls are free. Check page 3 of your PDF bill online. That should show you why you are being charged overages.
Oh I checked. They reverse bled me like a collect call. Every instance was incoming but showing as outgoing from me to them every single instance. What's more weird is they're an employment lawyers office in Ottawa Hull. Just returning an inquiry I asked online. Repeatedly.

Badge +4
Can you screenshot the calling details and how much each call was? Erase any personal info.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Note: calls from blocked or private numbers show on your bill as a call from you to you. This may explain why it seems to show as an outgoing call, but does not explain the charges.

A charge of $0.50 / min is usually from call forwarding. Might you have had call forwarding turned on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gizmo If you are a frequent user of call forwarding it would be better to have the add-on for $3 a month. It will give you unlimited call forwarding.
Note: calls from blocked or private numbers show on your bill as a call from you to you. This may explain why it seems to show as an outgoing call, but does not explain the charges.

A charge of $0.50 / min is usually from call forwarding. Might you have had call forwarding turned on?

I definitely did not unless you now consider calls sent to my koodo voicemail as call forwarding warranting additional charges but pretty sure it's included in my plan.

Been with you guys since 2012. I could basically work there at this point. Am thinking this is either caused by the business calling or some weird billing system anomaly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gizmo This is a public forum and most users here are customers just like you. Unless you see 'Koodo' next to their name. I do see your bill and if you download your pdf on page 2, starting with the second line item you will see the call forwarding details.
@Gizmo This is a public forum and most users here are customers just like you. Unless you see 'Koodo' next to their name. I do see your bill and if you download your pdf on page 2, starting with the second line item and forward you will see the call forward details.

You mean page 4 of my call details I think since page 2 is payments received and otherwise blank.
I did not have call forwarding on. As you can see all other incoming calls are not charged, only this phone number's incoming calls are. You can go through all my bills and see for yourself if you'd like - I don't use call forwarding, have never been billed for this except by this one number calling me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone are you using? have you checked if you accidentally used call forwarding function? https://www.koodomobile.com/help/call-forwarding

You were charged for call forwarding minutes, your incoming minutes are included in the plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Gizmo You are looking at your November bill while I'm on your December one. Pls send us a private message on Facebook so we can resolve this. Looks like, as you said, the number is a landline and belongs to Iristel. I tried to call it but got some weird error message recording.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you know who the number is? Have you taken any particular action with it such as blocking, or similar? It looks like a conditional call forward.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From your screen shots, none of the highlighted incoming calls are being charged. If you look at the call forward entries, you are being charged for that.