Feedback
Local Airtime Charge | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Solved

Local Airtime Charge

• 3 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi. I just reviewed my bill and for about 4 calls at the end of the month I was charged a local airtime charge, ranging from $0.50 to $15.00 (all during the day). Why would this happen? Three calls were local, one was a toll free number that I was on the hold for.  I tried the self-help option for Koodo and there was no answer for this. I want to ensure this does not happen again. 

icon

Best answer by Dennis 4 November 2020, 00:09

I have realized that I went over my minutes (500 min per month). It’s frustrating that Koodo did not let me know I was reaching my limit for calls. I get a text when I get near my data limit for the month. 

Thanks for your answers.

The CRTC mandated data usage warning as data use is hard to gauge when you get an email or open a web page.  The CRTC also said that there is no warning needed for talk as a minute talk is a minute talk.  it is consistent and easy for customers to measure and gauge.  Because of this, none of the big 3 and little 3 give a talk time warning

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In order to reverse those charges, you’ll need to schedule a callback using the Koodo's Digital Asistant : http://koodo.ca.ada.support/chat/?language=en 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a plan with limited minutes?

Or did you change your plan recently?

I have realized that I went over my minutes (500 min per month). It’s frustrating that Koodo did not let me know I was reaching my limit for calls. I get a text when I get near my data limit for the month. 

Thanks for your answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for your answers.

The CRTC mandated data usage warning as data use is hard to gauge when you get an email or open a web page.  The CRTC also said that there is no warning needed for talk as a minute talk is a minute talk.  it is consistent and easy for customers to measure and gauge.  Because of this, none of the big 3 and little 3 give a talk time warning

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is an Unlimited anytime minutes add-on for $2/mo.

If you use more minutes, but want to keep your plan. Then this add-on might be handy.

To get it  : text “MOREMIN” to 7780. Then they will send you a message with info and instructions