Koodo Community

Community

Question

LD billing errors

I just received my bill, and I have multiple charges for calls to the US, but I'm supposed to have 1,000 LD minutes. What gives?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 1000 LD minutes to not apply to calls to the US. They apply to India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia and Taiwan. (and the United Kingdom in older plans).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sadly, the US is not included in the list of countries that you can call with your LD minutes 😞
Userlevel 7
Hi J,

The 1000 LD minutes does not apply to calls made to the US. It is only to about 9 countries like India, China, Hong Kong, (I'm not sure which ones specifically, perhaps your plan information would be able to tell you).
According to the the Koodo rep where I signed up, this WAS supposed to be included. If it's not, this is a deal breaker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Conte wrote:

According to the the Koodo rep where I signed up, this WAS supposed to be included. If it's no...

Unfortunately the countries listed above are all that are included unless you have a special deal in your service agreement. You can review your service agreement to see full details on your plan.
Userlevel 1
J Conte wrote:

According to the the Koodo rep where I signed up, this WAS supposed to be included. If it's no...

Trust hurts...I was told by the sales rep that call forwarding will be included however it is not...the problem is we (including me) still trust sales people and do not get everything in writing.
I'm cancelling my service with Koodo today. I'll be switching to a carrier that doesn't hide details in fine print, or change your plan details on you without notification. It's a shame, I thought Koodo and Telus were better than this. Especially since we're paying some of the most ridiculous rates for cellphone service in the world. http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canadian-telecom-mobile-data-money-chart-2016 These rate plans with almost no real benefits should be criminal! How is it I can get 5x the benefit of my current plan in Sweden, yet only pay the equivalent of CDN$25, when my plan here in Canada costs CDN$65?! I'm even more upset since my LD minutes to the US WERE INCLUDED WHEN I SIGNED UP, but now everyone is telling me it's for select countries only?! WTF?! NOT COOL!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
J Conte wrote:

I'm cancelling my service with Koodo today. I'll be switching to a carrier that doesn't hide det...

Here is the deal as it was on Boxing day. Check your service agreement to see if for some reason the Koodo rep gave you calls to the US as it is possible (unlikely, but still possible).
Koodo may reverse the charges for these minutes as you were apparently told the US would be covered. I would suggest contacting them and seeing if they will give you a credit for these charges. (They're pretty good about these things). Call or shoot them off a message on Facebook (https://m.me/Koodo) or through Twitter dm.
Userlevel 1
J Conte wrote:

I'm cancelling my service with Koodo today. I'll be switching to a carrier that doesn't hide det...

Where will you go?
Just switched to Freedom Mobile. I signed up for the Everywhere 55, and they took $10 off for the first 2 months! Now I KNOW that my US calls will be free!
J Conte wrote:

Just switched to Freedom Mobile. I signed up for the Everywhere 55, and they took $10 off for th...

Great, thanks for posting