Koodo Community
Question

Last month my payment was declined and I haven't received my money back still

• 9 August 2019
  • 8 replies

Last month my pre-authorized payment was declined but I was still charged, and I haven't received my money back, on top of that I'm being charged an extra 25 dollars on my phone bill this month for absolutely no reason.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The extra $25 sounds like an NSF fee, which would happen if there were not enough funds in the account to cover the payment. AFAIK, failed payments are retired automatically a few days later, so if there were more funds added to the account after the initial payment failed that would be why the bill still got paid.
The extra $25 sounds like an NSF fee, which would happen if there were not enough funds in the account to cover the payment. AFAIK, failed payments are retired automatically a few days later, so if there were more funds added to the account after the initial payment failed that would be why the bill still got paid.
Yeah but I never received my money back for the declined payment since I had to pay again because it didn't go through, also why is there a fee if the payment didn't even go through?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the payment was declined then koodo by definition did not receive the money. There would be nothing for them to return.
As far as the NSF fee goes: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/nsf.asp
If the payment was declined then koodo by definition did not receive the money. There would be nothing for them to return.
As far as the NSF fee goes: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/nsf.asp

So they didn't receive the money yet they still took it out of my account? The money is still missing from my account, shouldn't just disappear into thin air
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It sounds like if you added funds to your account before the automatic payment retired, then the payment would have been processed. Then if you manually paid as well there would be a double payment. And a credit on your account on next month's bill.
Is this for your current bill or your previous month's bill?
Userlevel 2
We can fill out a refund form for you, letting the Financial Department to investigate this. The $ 25.00 Charge for NSF Chq is only a penalty displayed on your Koodo bill, it is not charged by Koodo, indeed. If there is any other amount taken out of your bank account, our Financial Department will determine and refund this. This form # 000263535 is a proof that this possible refund will be considered and answered. Thanks for reporting us this! 🙂 Have a great day! :)
It sounds like if you added funds to your account before the automatic payment retired, then the payment would have been processed. Then if you manually paid as well there would be a double payment. And a credit on your account on next month's bill.
Is this for your current bill or your previous month's bill?

Previous months bill
We can fill out a refund form for you, letting the Financial Department to investigate this. The $ 25.00 Charge for NSF Chq is only a penalty displayed on your Koodo bill, it is not charged by Koodo, indeed. If there is any other amount taken out of your bank account, our Financial Department will determine and refund this. This form # 000263535 is a proof that this possible refund will be considered and answered. Thanks for reporting us this! 🙂 Have a great day! :)
Ok thank you.