Koodo Community
Solved

last bill

• 7 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Hi, I'm closing my account this 18th.
And I noticed it already.
but the bill which I've got, tells I have to pay whole of my monthly fee.

Can't I pay the fee for only 18days?
because I'm leaving Canada after 18th.
(It means my bank account will be closed as well)

I don't want to lose my money.
Is there solution, please tell me.
icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 9 November 2018, 15:28

When speaking with a rep, you will be given the option of canceling your line immediately or at the end of the bill cycle. The rep can go through the different options with you based on your current usage :)

@Robert, refund is normally processed via a cheque. As long as we have an address given by the user we would send it.
@Bernard Koodo, even if they move back home (not in Canada)?

Yes, we are able to send refund cheques to another country however, the funds will remain in CAD :)
Note: Instructions on how to change the address are at the bottom of the form https://www.koodomobile.com/refundrequest
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
When speaking with a rep, you will be given the option of canceling your line immediately or at the end of the bill cycle. The rep can go through the different options with you based on your current usage :)

@Robert, refund is normally processed via a cheque. As long as we have an address given by the user we would send it.

Yes, we are able to send refund cheques to another country however, the funds will remain in CAD :)
Note: Instructions on how to change the address are at the bottom of the form https://www.koodomobile.com/refundrequest
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Robert, issuance of cheques is still a manual process, so my understanding that yes, but will need to confirm. So guidance would be for most folks who call in to cancel is to request specific date of cancellation vs. end of bill cycle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think she can receive a refund once she's out of the country w/out a canadian bank account?

They won't refund directly to the bank account. A cheque would be sent to the address on the account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi Sue,
I assumed you are a postpaid customer. For postpaid, you only have to pay what you used up to the date you close your account. After you cancel, they would send you another final bill, that bill would resolve all issue (any overage you had, Tab balance, etc..). You need to call Koodo to cancel you plan.

However, as the bill normally charge 1 month ahead, you can simply calculate yourself how many days you used, and pay that amount for this month. After you cancel, when you receive a final bill, you could pay any extra left.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You would need to pay in full for you to receive a refund after all. That's how it usually works. Maybe you can give Koodo a call and explain the situation. They will probably make you only pay for the 18 days you used.

@Sue, if you haven't cancelled yet, just simply let our rep know the last day you want the account be active. Once someone cancels they request a refund here: https://www.koodomobile.com/refundrequest
Hope this helps! Have a safe travel wherever the road might take you Sue!

I don't think she can receive a refund once she's out of the country w/out a canadian bank account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Sue, if you haven't cancelled yet, just simply let our rep know the last day you want the account be active. Once someone cancels they request a refund here: https://www.koodomobile.com/refundrequest

Hope this helps! Have a safe travel wherever the road might take you Sue!