Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo won't let me pay the bill? I am amazed Koodo does not want my money?

My son is an international student at a boarding school in Canada. I purchased a phone plan in a Koodo store with my overseas credit card and had it set up to pay the on-going monthly bill. I now find Koodo won't accept my overseas credit card for on-going bills. My son tried to pay by cash but they would not accept the payment as the account is in my name. He tried paying at the bank but again was not able to give them cash. He is not able to set up an account in Canada as he does not have two forms of ID. I have tied to send money electronically to Koodo from overseas however I cannot get an account to send the money to. I really want to pay the bill - but Koodo is making it impossible for me to pay the bill. What can I do?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
You could call in to have them attempt to register your card. That should help your credit card payments in working. Another option is paying via western union. There is no reason the bank should have denied him paying. Does he have an account at that bank and did he take a copy of his bill in?
He took a copy of the bill in - but does not have a Canadian bank account,
Userlevel 5
Mike Lee wrote:

I'm not 100% sure but I assume that's the problem. He could always try another bank (but again assume many will not help him if he doesn't have an account with them). Probably the easiest thing for him to do would be to take the bill to somewhere that does Western Union payments. I think there's a fee to do it, but aside from you getting your credit card registered or him managing to get a bank account I'm not sure of another way.
Mike Lee wrote:

Thanks Jorden for the advice
Userlevel 7
All you should need is the account # from Koodo and then make an online banking payment yourself? It shouldn't really matter where the money's coming from. Did you get an error message or something? I guess it's tough to do stuff like this when you're not fully established in Canada but it is possible.
Scotia bank has a promo on for international customers who come to Canada with Koodo.