Koodo Community

Community

Question

Koodo won't accept my card if it isn't to pay my bills.

It's been 2 days since I broke my phone. Everyday I tried buying a new phone online through the koodo website. Everyday it says theres a problem with my credit card number or billing adress or simply an unexpected error. Yes the billing adress is matching everywhere, yes my card is valid, yes theres still room on it to buy stuff. 

but now for the MOST ANNOYING, Koodo will accept my card but ONLY if its to pay my bill right away through the self serve. After I paid my bill and Koodo accepted my card, I go back to my ''Online shopping Cart'' and try to checkout the phone. Problems pop-up whatever it is t his time, the error message is different each time. 

Now I'm sorry if this is agressive but I'm gonna lose my sh*t if someone tells me to call them to get more information. There shouldn't be such a bad experience with the Koodo website, it's not the first time this happens to me.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi David, is it possible you exceed your daily or purchase limit with the purchase of the phone your trying to purchase or that the credit card is close to being maxed out so it's not accepting it
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Hi David, is it possible you exceed your daily or purchase limit with the purchase of the phone y...

As I said. My credit card has 0 dollar on it, its really not close to being maxed. I haven't purchased anything on the koodo webside so I have no idea what you're talking about.

En français,
Ma carte de crédit n'est même pas à 1% de sa capacité en ce moment alors aucune raison qu'elle soit bloquée. J'ai d'ailleurs mentionné que Koodo a accepté mon paiement de facture mensuel. Mais tout de suite après je ne peux pas utiliser cette même carte de crédit pour m'acheter un téléphone par internet sur Koodo... Bonjour la logique si vous voyez ce que je veux dire. Je n'ai fait aucun achat sur Koodo de ma vie je ne vois pas en quoi j'aurais atteint un certain ''maximum''.

P.S.: S'il-vous-plaît, n'utilisez pas de traducteur en ligne, si ce n'est pas ce que vous avez fait, corrigez votre anglais. Ce que vous avez écris est complètement illisible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried a different credit card?
Dennis wrote:

I do not own a different card. 

A word of advice if I may, accumulating credit is a bad idea. If you own more than one credit card it's a bad idea for the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I think 2 is an appropriate amount.  Holding credit card debt is a bad idea, but if you are paying your bills, 2 credit cards is good in case a store takes only certain kinds (Visa vs Mastercard).

I also have an online only credit card with a very low limit in case of fraud.  Actually ensuring all of your credit cards have an appropriate limit is a good idea.

Regarding your posted issue, there is not much we can do to fix your issue here.  i recommend contacting Koodo via private message on facebook or twitter
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What kind of card is it David?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

What kind of card is it David?

MasterCard