Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Warranty Issue

The WORST service EVER! I called a few months ago to let koodo know that my BRAND NEW PHONE's battery kept dying and I wanted it looked into. They told me it was because my screen resolution was on too high. I turned it down and it got worst...to the point where I could not even have my phone on for longer than a few hours without it dying. And I use my phone a few mins a day...not internet use at all. Ridiculous. I called again tonight and was told that my warranty expired on october 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I registered with Koodo in october 2013 and still have 150$ owin on my phone. DANY who was the phone rep/supervisor/WORST CSR I'VE EVER TALKED TO told me that all they could do was send me a REFURBISHED PHONE! Are you kidding me. I was a longstanding, responsible and faithfull customer with Rogers for over 10 years and have regretted switching since day 1. Worst service EVER. Worst CSR's EVER. Koodo will no longer get my money, my friends money nor my families money. We work way to hard to be spending our money on a service that just takes advantage of us citizens. THE ABSOLUTE WORST.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So Koodo offered you a brand new but refurbished phone and you didn't want it? What did you expect? I think you should be happy with this generous offer from Koodo especially since your phone is out of warranty. I would have grabbed it with both hands and said THANK YOU. I'm sorry you are so angry but it is obvious you can't please all people... I wonder very much if Rogers would have treated you better, or even the same.
Userlevel 1
"WORST PROVIDER EVVVVER!!!!!!!!!!! " WOW Knee, who are you comparing with? BTW I am looking for a phone but I do know KOODO do not make the things, but I will stay away from the brand you have. If you were less irate you might get some help from others, I see a lot of nice helpers in this forum, I also worry about your blood pressure too. Sure hope you don't live in a glass house with your temper.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curious what phone it is you have had problems with?
the refurbished phones are junk. I had 3 of them sent to be for warranty and they all had defects of some sort. from cosmetic to touch screen function. Generous offer to off load garbage. I would not take it either.
People have to see by now koodo is not like it used t be. They are just another provider with nothing special about them any more.
First, it's not possible for users to change screen resolution on cellphones yet. How did you do that? Second, even Apple gives refurbished iPhones as in-warranty replacements.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there wrote:

First, it's not possible for users to change screen resolution on cellphones yet. How did you do ...

And I hate to rub this in, but I can't emphasize enough that Koodo offered this phone AFTER the warranty ended... and I didn't even mention yet that normally, battery issues don't fall under warranty to start with. I really think OP was a tad harsh, to put it mildly. If I put it less mild, I'd say it is like offering a free pie to a child to console a scraped knee and then get it shoved back full in the face because the cherry on the top was missing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there wrote:

First, it's not possible for users to change screen resolution on cellphones yet. How did you do ...

It's pretty clear (s)he was talking about brightness.