So, once I sent my email from the laptop through the tethering, I found there were two text Data notifications on my phone from Koodo. One is for 50% usage alarm and the second one is for the 90% usage alarm which came 2 minutes after the first one.
I logged in to the Self Service from phone it showed overall 7733MB had been used when I found in details on that last minute there was a 6081.25MB usage.
Normally if I was streaming Youtube it would be shown less 300MB for an hour span. Last year once, I tethered Data continuously for almost 3 hours on my same laptop through the same iPhone and it was still less than 700MB for the whole period !
What I can recall,
- On my laptop there were some idle tabs only, there was not a single streaming was turned on in the laptop or in the phone. I normally do not download anything and definitely there was no such activity at that moment.a
- The 6081.25MB usage occurred on a single moment on the phone, it was not spread over for few hours, usage shows exact minute with that 6081.25MB usage.
- I had phone hotspot or tethering 'on' for around 5 minutes.
- The 50% and 90% text notifications came within 2 minutes which seems within these two minutes my phone modem downloaded more than 4GB Data which is literally impossible to do without losing much battery life on my old iPhone 6.
- My phone battery usage was decreased only 4% during this 5 minutes tethering period. Normally my phone loses more than 20% battery life while downloading 200MB only through its cellular modem even when streaming Youtube. Surprisingly, that time no other activity was 'on' in my Laptop other than a few normal idle tabs.
Can anyone anticipate what exactly could lead to consume this 6081.25MD in less than 4 minutes based on the information I shared above?
[Electrical Engineer here, you can use technical terms to explain]
[After making a few unsuccessful calls, chatting with a terrible bot for more than 10 minutes to schedule a callback, then waiting for 45 minutes to get a callback and talking for another 56 minutes to make them understand the above issues.......after all these hassles Koodo offered me a discounted plan, Thanks ]