Koodo Community

Koodo sent me a bill of $660 for tab after 15 months

Recently I received an unexpected bill of $667 from koodo, they said I owe them a tab balance from January 2018. I remember paying all their bills last year and I am a happy customer from over 5 years now. I have heard horror stories from the customers of other companies but this was not expected from koodo. How on earth after 15 months koodo is asking me to pay $667 in one transaction. I did check all my bills from koodo and it shows that everything was paid last year including tab balance, Very Disappointed. Looks like I have to switch providers now very soon.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@kane2690 Indeed it's unfortunate however it is still a valid expense. You requested to pay off your outstanding debt on a phone back in January 2018. This $504 charge has never been processed and was discovered only recently. Hence the charge on your most recent bill. There is no statute of limitation on this kind of debt, no differently than a bank missed mortgage payment would still be collected. If you need additional explanation please set up a call back with us and we will provide answers to your questions.
Userlevel 2
@kane2690 Indeed it's unfortunate however it is still a valid expense. You requested to pay off your outstanding debt on a phone back in January 2018. This $504 charge has never been processed and was discovered only recently. Hence the charge on your most recent bill. There is no statute of limitation on this kind of debt, no differently than a bank missed mortgage payment would still be collected. If you need additional explanation please set up a call back with us and we will provide answers to your questions.
You provide actual proof instead of an explanation?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@abcdefgh Indeed. This OP can look at their January bill. It's all there. Money was never taken.
Userlevel 2
@abcdefgh Indeed. This OP can look at their January bill. It's all there. Money was never taken.
Well, other customers say theirs is from 2 years ago so they can't see the bill. I'd still complain though. Make Koodo work for it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What people say and what reality is often don’t intersect.
@Bernard Koodo are you serious, yes i can see since 2014 i have paid every bill in full as well as paid off all the tabs. You cannot just come up one day and ask for $600 odd dollars. what you think we have Aladdin's lamp, rub it and give you money. If there was an issue with payment you should have at least shown courtesy of sending me an email before generating that fantasy bill. Pure Dictatorship

Also you mentioned about mortgages, if that is how you operate you might as well start charging interest rate.
What people say and what reality is often don’t intersect.
ok, if you think people are far away from reality can you please show me the light 'angel' Bernard
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Bernard Koodo are you serious, yes i can see since 2014 i have paid every bill in full as well as paid off all the tabs. You cannot just come up one day and ask for $600 odd dollars. what you think we have Aladdin's lamp, rub it and give you money. If there was an issue with payment you should have at least shown courtesy of sending me an email before generating that fantasy bill. Pure Dictatorship

What are you expecting actually? No payment at all?

If you own some money, they will charge you sooner or later

If you own some money, they will charge you sooner or late

I am expecting transparency, if your bill shows you already paid for the tab and then they want to charge more. I am not even against charging me if i owe something but the way they just send you a bill out of blue and expect you to pay within certain time period. Is that justified?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you own some money, they will charge you sooner or late
I am expecting transparency, if your bill shows you already paid for the tab and then they want to charge more. I am not even against charging me if i owe something but the way they just send you a bill out of blue and expect you to pay within certain time period. Is that justified?

Can you show a screen shot of your pdf ebill that you had payment processed for that tab payment?
Sure, i can do that but i have to take consent of 2 more people on the account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sure, i can do that but i have to take consent of 2 more people on the account.

Or remove their personal information from the bill.