Koodo Community

Community

koodo provide crapy services

koodo overcharge customers Time & Date - on plan with o - they charge over $0.50 - WTF ???
Mar. 09, 2017 at xx:xx
To: 346-xxx-xxxx HOUSTON,TX
Duration (minutes)[b]62:00Total$[b]27.90Long distance charges:$27.90Local airtime charges:$0.00

23 replies

my wife also call to the same #Time & Date 
Mar. 03, 2017 at XX:XX
To: 346-XXX-XXXXHOUSTON,TX

Duration (minutes)[b]74:00Total[b]$24.81  --- WTF ??????????????
Ron Onyshchenko wrote:

You say Koodo has crappy services. For me it has been an excellent choice. I had been with only one other carrier from 97 - 2006 and I can truly say the last 3 years of service was crappy. The answer is communication....in a cool, calm, non -colorful language manner and Koodo will solve your problems. At least this has been my experience.
Ron Onyshchenko wrote:

When Im talking about "Koodo has crappy services" it mean - NO SERVICE, you can NOT do anything, You have to spent [b]hours to fix it. I USA, on AT&T, I can chat with support, 3 min DONE !!!! that is service, NOT hours, NO st... community, just PRO TEAM, fast, helpful TEAM
Please, do not take personal. Any way - thanks a lot for your help , and have good day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is the problem that your wife got charged a lesser amount? What carrier is your wife with? You can purchase the $10 US unlimited add-on and then you wont have to pay long distance fees for US calls.
Allan wrote:

Is the problem that your wife got charged a lesser amount? What carrier is your wife with? You c...

I have unlimited plan, why I have to pay 10 extra - I'm talking about : Time to time koodo try F.. Up clients, I try to overcharge, that happen 3rd time to my bills, I have to call to customer service, and they remove, MY POINT, WHY I HAVE TO CHECK BILLS. For good company I HAVE TO TRAST !!!! 
for KOODO I have to check bills, WTF, and why ????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Is the problem that your wife got charged a lesser amount? What carrier is your wife with? You c...

Your unlimited plan means unlimited minutes but you still get charged long distance charges if you call a number outside of Canada.
I believe this is the case with almost every carrier so it shouldn't be a surprise to you.
Make sure you read your service agreement fully to understand what you can/can't do and/or get charged for.
Allan wrote:

Please do not make me absolutely STPD 🙂 I start use KOODO - when they use name [b]Clearnet  - please read my other answer [b]"When Im talking about "Koodo has crappy services" it mean - NO SERVICE, :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Technically that would be Telus, not Koodo, that bought Clearnet. Koodo was created several years later by Telus. It's difficult to know what you mean when you say x and decide that it should mean y. Oh, we won't take it personally that you call us a "sh.. community" while coming here for assistance. Have yourself a good day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

You said "koodo overcharge customers... they charge over $0.50" and then proceeded to show us calls you made. As you were making calls it leads us to believe your service is fine.

When did you start not receiving service? Is it on and off or do you just not have any service no matter where you are? Have you tried restarting your device and/or reseating your sim card?

Note:
Clearnet was its own company until 2000 and then was aquired by Telus, It was relaunched in 2011 and quickly closed itself again in 2012. Koodo never had the name clearnet but Koodo may have taken over clearnet's contracts if thats what you meant.
Allan wrote:

thanks for your help 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You must be on the older plan. They charged you $0.45/ min instead of $0.50/min

I'm not sure your wife's... Is it 74 minutes and total was $24.81?  It's $0.33/min

Mayumi wrote:

You must be on the older plan. They charged you $0.45/ min instead of $0.50/min

I'm not sure you...

:) I'm on plan, whereTo: 305-XXX-XXXX NORTH DADE,FL
Duration (minutes)[b]22:00   Total[b]$1.08   <- that is right price !!!!!!! 

$0.33/min, $0.45/ min  is this cost to US number ????? area code : To: 346-xxx-xxxx HOUSTON,TX  ?????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ron Onyshchenko wrote:

$0.33/min, $0.45/ min  is this cost to US number ????? area code : To: 346-xxx-xxx...

Hello Ron,

Info can be found here : http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/long-distance

Ron Onyshchenko wrote:

$0.33/min, $0.45/ min  is this cost to US number ????? area code : To: 346-xxx-xxx...

Congratulation  - KOODO HAVE NO SUPPORT on phone to :) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Ron - the numbers on your account ending in 00 and 48 are the ones that were charged long distance this past month. Both of those plans include the 1,000 mins/month International long distance calling promo. The countries included in this promo are: Australia, Bangladesh, China, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Mexico, and Taiwan. The charges you incurred (from what I see) are mainly for calls to the U.S., which is not covered under the promo. Since you don't have a U.S. calling add-on, you pay the pay-per-use rate. If you make a lot of calls to the States, you can get the $10 monthly add-on which provides unlimited calling to the U.S. for no additional charges.
Hope this helps. 
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Ron - the numbers on your account ending in 00 and 48 are the ones that were charged long dist...

Mar. 09, 2017 at 10:51   From: 416-XXX-XX00  To: 346-XXX-XX00
HOUSTON,TX   Duration (minutes)[b]62:00 Total [b]$27.90

Mar. 16, 2017 at 18:37  From: 416-XXX-XX00  To: 845-XXX-XX38
NEWBURGH,NY Duration (minutes) [b]41:00 Total [b]$2.01[b]what is different IN RATE ??? and why ????? both USA numbers 
[b]

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Ron - the numbers on your account ending in 00 and 48 are the ones that were charged long dist...

@Ron

Did  you add  an "International Long Distance Saver"  add-on recently/in between Mar 9th and Mar 16th?

You were charged $0.45/min for Mar 9th. and $0.05/min for Mar 16th.

It's puzzling... Official rep said you have 1000 min  International long distance calling promo that doesn't include USA. 

But you got charged rate of ILD saver for call on Mar 16th.
Ranjan wrote:

You were charged $0.45/min for Mar 9th. and $0.05/min for Mar 16th. - WHY RATE DIFFERENT ??? 
HOUSTON,TX , USA $0.[b]45/min  ????
NEWBURGH,NY, USA $0.[b]05/min ????

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Let me look into this Ron. Thanks for clarifying - I wasn't understanding what exactly the issue was before. I see that there's a discrepancy in the charge rate now. Let me find out why and get back to you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

That's why I'm asking you "Did  you add  an "International Long Distance Saver"  add-on recently/in between Mar 9th and Mar 16th?

ADD:
Ranjan/Official Rep is looking into this now
Ranjan wrote:

Thanks Ranjan, I'm with some Koodo rep on phone right now, I hope, he will help. 
Thanks to ALL, and please do not take personal some of my words, I'm also in customer service business, SORRY if it 😞 😞  any body , sorry..
Ranjan, Thanks a lot again.
Thanks to everybody  

Ranjan wrote:

It on two numbers 
416-XXX-XX00 and 
416-XXX-XX48 area code making trouble  346- 
Im on phone with Iv.... from Koodo , he get,  and he try to do investigation and correction on billing
Thanks a lot