Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo on my credit report

Hi there, I was with Koodo briefly in 2011. Prior to leaving the company, I paid my bill and returned my phone as it was within the 14 day return period. Today, (12/9/12) i got a credit report from equifax stating that I still have two active Koodo accounts, Who can I speak to about cancelling these accounts? Customer service cant help me as I have NO ACTIVE KOODO SERVICES. PLEASE HELP.

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Yeah, returning a phone doesn't cancel your account. The only way to cancel is to call in. I think your accounts might have gone into collection if they are from 2011.
Userlevel 3
I have had something similar with Credit cards before, for me it was that the accounts weren't still active like the report showed, they were just suspended so that in the event I decided to go with them again they would just reactivate my account. If this is it then it shouldn't have any negative impact on your Credit and they should drop off the report after a few years.
I doubt the accounts are active at this point. They are most likely in collections as after 90 days of no payments, they'll cancel the accounts automatically due to nonpayment. If you don't know the phone number or the account number, go to a Koodo Shop and have them do a search by name. Phone Agents will only do a search by phone number or acccount number.
Userlevel 6
Cast wrote:

I doubt the accounts are active at this point. They are most likely in collections as after 90 da...

Hi Cast, our representatives over the phone can do a search by name 🙂
Cast wrote:

I doubt the accounts are active at this point. They are most likely in collections as after 90 da...

I beleive old, cancelled accounts are also available ?
Cast wrote:

Yannick, I've been told by multiple Agents that name search is not a valid search, a mobile number or account number must be provided for verification.
Userlevel 6
Hi Bill, you should give us a call so we can verify what happened. We can be reached at 1-866-995-6636, option #4, from a landline.