Koodo Community
Question

Koodo is still charging me for a cancelled account

• 16 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi, I’ve been trying to contact support but there are way to busy and the bot is useless. Therefore, the summary of everything is that I cancelled my account with koodo at the beginning of July. They even sent me a check for remaining balance in my account which was great but today I received a text message that I owe them money. 

I went into my old account and koodo has been charging who knows what to my cancelled account for 2 months. 

So I’ve been trying to contact them, no answer, and I don't want to pay them. Not even after the huge scam they made to me that forced me to cancelled my account with them.

Also I found this:

Once your account is cancelled, your final bill will include any remaining negative Tab balance, any phone credit balance and outstanding usage charges.

So, why are you still charging me ? Stop been such money vampires

9 replies

just in case, all my past bills only say 

Balance forward from your last bill

Which my last bill was actually a negative balance and they sent me a check for that balance

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you cancel your account in July, did Koodo send you an email to confirm the cancellation? 

I would check your august pdf bill. Check the page 3 of the pdf bill and see if they still charged you for the service or it was a service back in July. 

I called them to cancel my account, the receipt says cancellation, and the total balance shows negative in the bill.

But in the next bill its just shows that I am supposed to be using it and it came out at 24 dollars. Which they never charge that cheap. However, when I call support and input my number it says that I don't have an account with them. So it makes no sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would suggest you checked what they said in your page 3 of the August PDF  bill.  At the time of cancellation the amount might not be adjusted correctly. You would have to check the detail in that bill to see if they charge you correctly. 

Anyway, you could schedule a callback the same way you canceled your account. Go www.koodo.com/chat and type “cancellation” after you enter the number that you can receive incoming calls from Koodo. You could also chat with a rep via Facebook or twitter. Link at the bottom of this forum page.

I can’t do that because the bot says that

Hmmm, we can't seem to find your account based on the number entered.

So I’m in an infinite loop. I also checked the third page and there is no outstanding balance, even add everything up.

Like I said, even with what I paid, the total was negative so they sent a check to pay the money that was on hold.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you trying to call Koodo 866 number?

if you follow my method, you could schedule to any Canadian number. I just tested by entering another number from another carrier. It worked fine.

You could also chat with a rep via Facebook/Twitter as I mentioned above. They should be able to check your account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@danny3s Pls send us a direct message on Facebook so we can help.  You last payment was not for the last bill but the prior month. There is indeed a small outstanding balance remained on your account.

I don't understand something, and this is from your webpage and from your useless bot

“Once your account is canceled, your final bill will include any remaining negative Tab balance, any phone credit balance, and outstanding usage charges”

After it was canceled, one month later you sent me a check because you were holding money from me. Therefore, why would you send me a check if I still “owed” you money?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't understand something, and this is from your webpage and from your useless bot

“Once your account is canceled, your final bill will include any remaining negative Tab balance, any phone credit balance, and outstanding usage charges”

After it was canceled, one month later you sent me a check because you were holding money from me. Therefore, why would you send me a check if I still “owed” you money?

Can you post a snapshot of the PDF bill (hide/delete personal before posting pls) about the charge? People, in this public forum, mostly are customers like you are. We don’t have access to your account and see what happened. Alternatively, you can follow the recommendation above to contact a rep.