Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo is rejecting my calls because it did an improper charge

Koodo charged me two times for the cellphone I bought with them, and now that I am calling them so they can get my balance right they are rejecting my calls. Does Koodo want me to contact the law about this problem?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How is Koodo rejecting your calls? Did you buy this phone from a Koodo Kiosk or a 3rd party retailer like Futureshop? You can reach Koodo at the following below or *611 on an active Koodo cell (it's free): You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm NOTE: I'm going to change your topic from an Idea to a Question to better match your concern
I don't have an active cell, I'm trying the 1-866-99-KOODO, I press all the zeros so I can talk with a person, and I wait 2 minutes in the line, but when they are going to talk to me the call simply turn off. I tried 10 times thinking that it was a problem with my skype, but it is not, all the 10 times that I tried the same thing happened.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Lais, I'm afraid Skype won't work, because this is a toll free number you are trying to call, so that explains why you are not not getting through. You'll need to try it from a landline or another cell phone. If you call from a landline, it will be a free call. Koodo is not rejecting you 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Lais, I'm afraid Skype won't work, because this is a toll free number you are trying to cal...

Oh wait a sec, 1-866 should work: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA24/how-do-i-dial-toll-free-numbers-for-example-1-800-1-866-and-1-877-number-series sorry... Perhaps your internet connection is just flaky?
Sophia wrote:

Hi Lais, I'm afraid Skype won't work, because this is a toll free number you are trying to cal...

There is no problem with my connection 😞
This is not the problem, because I talked with them many times using my skype, and just today I had this problem. The call turned off when they discover that I had already paid for the cellphone ($102) and since them this problem is happening.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lais Lopes wrote:

This is not the problem, because I talked with them many times using my skype, and just today I h...

That's utter nonsense of course... Koodo is a nationwide carrier, not a shady Kijiji seller. Try calling them from a landline and see what happens. You can also send them an email: http://koodomobile.com/en/bc/contact.shtml (click the tab Email Us)
Lais Lopes wrote:

This is not the problem, because I talked with them many times using my skype, and just today I h...

I don't live in Canada anymore, this is the only way I have to call them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lais Lopes wrote:

Try this number, Lais: 647-788-4337 (it will not be free but may work better), or otherwise use that address I gave to send them an email. If they overcharged, you WILL get your money back!
Lais Lopes wrote:

I tried this number but the same thing happened. I've just sent an email to them, thank you so much for your help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lais Lopes wrote:

You're welcome! Just a heads up, it might take a day or so to get a response... don't think they are ignoring you 🙂
Userlevel 5
Lais Lopes wrote:

It will take "1 business day" so that doesn't include saturdays or sundays. You should try calling with a landline because skype calls may work differently. You shouldn't be worried about the charges because I'm 100% sure Koodo will understand and refund the charges.
Koodo took off the improper payment from my balance, the problem was solved with a single email. Thanks everyone that helped me here!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lais Lopes wrote:

Koodo took off the improper payment from my balance, the problem was solved with a single email. ...

That's great to hear!