Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo is billing me according to Alberta time zone but I am in BC

Koodo is charging me according to the Alberta time zone, but I am a BC resident, and using my phone in BC. All my phone calls made between 7-8 AM is charged as I made them between 8-9AM. Koodo does not want or can't resolve this issue for more than 2 months now. Any advice what to do?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh that is odd, Beno. Are you perhaps in one of the few towns (Dawson Creek, for example) that does not adhere to DST?
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

Oh that is odd, Beno. Are you perhaps in one of the few towns (Dawson Creek, for example) that do...

That's a very good point Sophia!!! I had a friend who lived there and had the same exact issue.
Userlevel 6
Hello Beno, Did you by any chance had your address in Alberta or have an Alberta number?
Userlevel 1
I too live in BC, and when I check my prepaid self serve usage history, all times are recorded in EST (so if I make a call right now, at 9pm, it'll show up online as having made it at midnite which is in the future!!). Super annoying - such an easy fix if  koodo would just write EST beside each time!
Jay N wrote:

I too live in BC, and when I check my prepaid self serve usage history, all times are recorded in...

Same deal; I just cross-checked with texts sent in the past few days. Is it possible to adjust the usage history to local time, so we can verify charges according to our plans? Constructive comments from employees welcome!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I understand it might get confusing some time. You should suggest it as an idea!