Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo forcing me to pay full price

Hi,

I ordered two phones online. I wasn’t sure if there was any issue if I take 2 phone at same time. I talked to Rep she said I can take as many as I want with one line just tab will be added with my bill. Now they are saying I have to pay full price for other phone which is way too much than tab. I talked to billing department already but they are not ready to correct the bill. I have recording of all the conversation. What should I do?

icon

Best answer by Sophia 7 October 2020, 19:31

You should contact Koodo directly. The best option is via Facebook private messenger, that way you can share the information you recorded.

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can't order 2 phones on a single line at once. Only one phone is allowed at a time. If you wanted to take another phone, you would have to open another line or pay off the current phone and get another one on Tab. 

That policy is applicable to almost all carriers in Canada. You could check out the policy of other  also. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When and how did you order 2 phones online?

Yes I ordered online. Well every compnay has right to make their own policy and I didn't know about this policy which is why I called web-store customer service to verify if that is ok. She said YES. If you say that is their policy why Rep told me I can, that implies they committed FRAUD by giving me wrong information. They intentionally trapped me into this.

Anyway is there anything to be done before I go to court? Again I have all the recording of conversation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should contact Koodo directly. The best option is via Facebook private messenger, that way you can share the information you recorded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I ordered online. Well every compnay has right to make their own policy and I didn't know about this policy which is why I called web-store customer service to verify if that is ok. She said YES. If you say that is their policy why Rep told me I can, that implies they committed FRAUD by giving me wrong information. They intentionally trapped me into this.

Anyway is there anything to be done before I go to court? Again I have all the recording of conversation.

When you placed the order online you would have been advised at that time what the total charges would be, before you chose to complete the transaction. Also, in order to prove fraud, you would need to prove, in court, that the koodo rep deliberately and purposefully misled you with the specific intent of cheating you out of your money rather than inadvertently providing you with incorrect information. The upshot of all this is that while it is certainly your right to try and sure koodo for fraud over this, it is virtually a 100% certainty that you will lose.

Even if it is not fraud it is breach of contract. Coz rep specifically told me how much my monthly bill will be with 2 phones. Now if they you are telling me after 2 months that I have to pay in full for phone, that is breach of contract.

Is there any other step before I go to court?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Even if it is not fraud it is breach of contract. Coz rep specifically told me how much my monthly bill will be with 2 phones. Now if they you are telling me after 2 months that I have to pay in full for phone, that is breach of contract.

Did you open up 2 lines and ordered phone for each line?

Or you have 1 line and bought a phone. Then 2 month later, you ordered another phone under same line?  Then it's called upgrade phone. It required pay off tab and pay back your tab bonus.  

I still want to figure out what do you mean by  "I ordered two phones online"...

Did you open up 2 lines and ordered phone for each line?

Or you have 1 line and bought a phone. Then 2 month later, you ordered another phone under same line?  Then it's called upgrade phone. It required pay off tab and pay back your tab bonus.  

I still want to figure out what do you mean by  "I ordered two phones online"...

I ordered one in morning another in afternoon then call to see if there is any additional line fee or just tab that I have to pay she said only tab! Now they are showing me this and that agreement. If you can’t trust the agent of company whom you seek advice from? Shouldn’t they know agreement better than me? when why did they give me wrong information?

Badge +4

@Hasan Imam If you’re within the 15 day return period (for retail stores) or the 30 day return period (webstore) would returning one of the phones be an option? It’ll be a lot cheaper than a court case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not commenting on what the rep told you but in the service agreement it states: 

I would definitely encourage you to take it up with Koodo but unfortunately you won't get anywhere going any other route (court like you mentioned) since the service agreement states you have to pay back both the remaining tab and phone credit. Just trying to save you some time!😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Hasan Imam All outstanding amounts as per the agreement must be paid.