Koodo Community

Community

Koodo DISAPPOINTMENT: Trying everything I can to get the 10GB for $60 Plan

Userlevel 2
I have been a loyal customer of Koodo for nearly 8 years. I have consistently and constantly sang the praises of Koodo during any discussion of mobile providers. However, my most recent experience with Koodo changing me and my wife's plans to the 10GB to $60 deal has me itching to move to a different company. In an attempt to get this plan I have:

1. Gone to a Koodo store and spoke with a rep: they told me the only way to get the plan is by calling customer support
2. Called customer support and have been on hold for a total of 6 hours with several disconnects.
3. Sent a message via Facebook with, unsurprisingly, no reply.

I understand that this new promo has swamped your customer service department, but this is ridiculous. How did you not see this coming? Why did you not add this plan to the self-serve portion of the website? I would desperately like to stay with Koodo but I am nearing the end of my rope. Please, if anybody in this community can give me a suggestion (that does not involve another 5 hour stint on the phone) I would be super appreciative. Otherwise, my wife and I are switching to another provider tonight. 

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unfortunately that's about it for options. If you can't get through and you want a $60/10GB plan, you might end up needing to port out.
Userlevel 2
Hi Goran, thank you for your reply. It is certainly too bad because I have always has remarkable service and support from Koodo. I will make sure to NOT continue recommending them to friends and family.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joseph R wrote:

Hi Goran, thank you for your reply. It is certainly too bad because I have always has remarkable ...

If you care to stay within the same parent company if the network works for you or whatever you could port to Telus. Otherwise, take your pick.
Userlevel 2
Joseph R wrote:

Hi Goran, thank you for your reply. It is certainly too bad because I have always has remarkable ...

It really is sad that Koodo's response to all this is "go somewhere else." So much for 8 years of customer loyalty...
Joseph R wrote:

Hi Joseph,

I had exactly the same experience.

I tried going to the local Koodo kiosk to make the change, only to be told
I didn't qualify. This plan was for new customers only, not for existing
customers. Even though I no longer had a contract and my paid off iPhone was
unlocked I could not sign up for the new plan. They did suggest that I call
customer support and see if something could be worked out. That's where the
nightmare really began.

For most of Sunday and Monday I called and called. Most of the time, I got a
recorded message about higher than normal call volumes and to call back later.
I did get through once on Sunday, only to be put on hold for two and a half hours before my call was dropped. Finally, on Monday night after waiting another two hours, I did actually speak to a human - who transferred me to a department (Loyality and Retention, I assume) which was closed! So much for the company's efforts to retain customers.

This is the first time in the many years I been with Koodo that I've tried to contact customer service. Needless to say, I'm not impressed. Perhaps we need a cell phone users bill of rights.

Joseph R wrote:

Wow! Sooo many people thinking they're entitled to something. Have you ever asked hydo for a deal because you've been with them for x years? Well why not? EVERY customer wants this deal and calling all at once. Settle down, you're not thst important.
Userlevel 2
Joseph R wrote:

What if your hydro company offered a deal: 50% off on all electricity! Would you not want that deal? Oh wait, it's for new customers only. Sorry, loyal customers. If you want this deal, you have to call this number and sit on hold for 6 hours only for us to hang up on you. 

This is not a case of inflated self-importance. It is a case of a company poorly managing their promotions and resources. I took my business elsewhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Joseph R wrote:

To be fair this happened at all the major carriers
Userlevel 2
Anybody? Is there anything else I can do? I would love to stay with this company... I have been treated so well for so long!
Try to call the 855 number instead of 866 or 611
Userlevel 2
Quan wrote:

No... Neither 855 or 866 will connect for me...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Quan wrote:

The plan is still available tomorrow. You could call early and try. In the worst case, go to the store activate a new line and ask koodo to migrate the other number in, or port to Telus, same network so you won't have surprise about coverage .
Quan wrote:

Try to call both number a couple of times. Good luck! Or switch to rogers or bell! They offer better call quality and it’s a steal! My old Koodo plan is 60 dollar for 4 G and it’s not a much difference but for rogers or bell it’s literately getting a 120 plan for 60 dolllars
Userlevel 2
Quan wrote:

Azure: I tried calling this morning at 8am on the nose and it was a no go. I don't think calling again tomorrow will make a difference.

Quan: I think you are right, switching is my only option... heck Koodo is recommending that I switch themselves... sad, really...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Quan wrote:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/12/18/support-lines-go-quiet-due-to-massive-response-to-6010gb-promotions-from-canadian-carriers/ It's happening across all carriers. You best bet is to sign up as a new customer at a kiosk or to sign up with a new provider
Userlevel 2
Quan wrote:

Done. Koodo just lost this customer of 8 years.
Quan wrote:

Great! Honestly if I don’t have a tab I would not even bother thinking calling. Just go to the nearest rogers and get the plan. They offer VoLTE and wifi calling. You’re not losing anything!
I am in the same position as Joseph - loyal customer with no Tab. And why this deal wasn't offered to everyone is remarkable at this time of year. I am not happy - and not feeling the Christmas spirit from Koodo. I will be looking at Shaw cell phone plans tomorrow morning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robena Maclaren wrote:

I am in the same position as Joseph - loyal customer with no Tab. And why this deal wasn't offere...

Sadly This was also the same with other carriers. For new activationa only.
Robena Maclaren wrote:

I am in the same position as Joseph - loyal customer with no Tab. And why this deal wasn't offere...

For rogers it’s new and existing customers! Also for Fido

I posted this in another thread - I had a similar situation but in the end, the first tier support person assured me the plan changes would be made... I also really question the process, but had plenty of other things to do while on hold... I called Friday and got through to a customer service rep after waiting a few hours, but the rep said that the department that was doing these plan upgrades had just closed 4 minutes earlier (it was 8:04pm) - but that I’d be called back early Saturday as he had all the info needed. Nobody called Saturday morning - and my two lines on the account had not been upgraded so in the afternoon, I called an waited on hold first for the initial support rep and then was passed to the next tier where, after 3 hours someone answered and said hello and then immediately hung up as I was introducing myself I tried again numerous times on Sat, then Sunday experiencing dropped calls at different stages every time - and then today managed to finally again talk with a support rep who looked up the account and after a long pause, came back on the line to confirm that he had ‘submitted’ the info on a ‘form’ for the two lines to be upgraded. He assured me it would be processed today and then I’d get a call to let me know. It’s almost 10:30pm and I haven’t had a call, nor are my lines upgraded to 10GB. However, I think it will happen this time around as he was quite specific that he had all the info to get the job done.