Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo didn't send me monthly billings while I'm abroad that made me lose 200 credit points.

I register a plan of paying 5 bucks monthly that helps remain my Koodo number while I’m abroad.

How weird it is Koodo didn’t even send me any billing notification for the last 4 months. I though I might

pay all at once when coming back to Canada. 

Yesterday my credit point sucked, down all the way from 850 to 601. It hit me so hard. 

Bonus Im not in Canada rn and bc Koodo don’t offer customer service via email, I have no clue how

to contact them. Poor user experience of Koodo did make me lose credit status and they should be 

responsible for it.

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 2 May 2021, 15:43

@nnltran8 By default we set notification of bills to both email and SMS. When people turn off one or both it could cause challenges. Since you are on a seasonal hold plan SMS would not go through. Email would. Pls re-set your notification to email as well to receive future alerts. Hope this helps provide some insight!

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why did you think you could just not pay your bill? If you never got an email or text notification you might have a leg to stand on but I Still don't get why you thought you could just not pay for several months because you didn't get an email? You have self-serve. You could have checked and paid. You had 850 as a score but didn't do this?

You'll have to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get it sorted out. Hopefully after paying up something can be done a out your credit rating. 

The thing is they always send me billing noti except the last 4 month I’ve been abroad . For that 4-month period, my credit point just can’t get any better so I think I’ve done nothing wrong. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The cheapest plan for keeping your number with Koodo is $15/month. There are much cheaper ways to keep your number active, but since you chose to park your number with Koodo, it stands to reason that they expect you to pay your bills. You are lucky they didn't cancel your number altogether.

Lesson learned I guess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nnltran8 By default we set notification of bills to both email and SMS. When people turn off one or both it could cause challenges. Since you are on a seasonal hold plan SMS would not go through. Email would. Pls re-set your notification to email as well to receive future alerts. Hope this helps provide some insight!

@Bernard Koodo It’s funny how the system turned off both SMS noti and email ones at the same time.

Yes my mistake I forgot to pay, but the system automatically turning off email noti is so ridiculous. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nnltran8 Only SMS notifications were selected as a method of alert on your account for at the least the last couple of years. Meaning email notifications were turned off.  Some people just want to receive one or the other, some want both. When you signed up for seasonal hold the method of alert hasn’t changed. It remained SMS only, however, the account is on ‘hold’ so can’t receive SMS.  Hence the suggestion to turn email notification on.